Status
Not open for further replies.

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a cheap automatic transmission for a 72 225 slant 6. I've thrown away at least 6 in the past few years and Karma has a way of biting you in the *** when you get a car that needs one!

To be worse, in addition to being cheap, I'm picky! I want one that you KNOW to be good, (with converter) and preferably one that's not leaking out of every seal on the unit. Basically, I want to change out the front main for insurance, and swap the thing in and drive it.

Finally (as if I didn't want too much already), it has to be close enough to Savannah, GA for me to pick up, or (if I haven't found one closer and sooner) one that you can bring to the Mopar Nationals in August.

Several years ago I was in this predicament and an FABO member gave me one for free. I gave him $50 gas money to bring it to the show. It worked out very well for both of us.

Maybe I'll get lucky again!
Thanks in advance!
Greg

Just tossed 2 about a month ago.

I might be able to get my hands on one for you. It came from a running 69 Dart that got a V8 conversion. The trans was redone and I'm told that it still has the Cottman Transmission sticker on it. Has the convertor also. Not sure about getting it to the Nats though.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Make a swing around St Louis I'm sure we can find one you would like.

I am going to the Nat's from CT so I could deliver one if it came to me!

I have a running car but not sure if I can get motor/tranny out before Nat's.
Keep trying as this is a great site!!

I might be able to get my hands on one for you. It came from a running 69 Dart that got a V8 conversion. The trans was redone and I'm told that it still has the Cottman Transmission sticker on it. Has the convertor also. Not sure about getting it to the Nats though.

Ken
Edison, NJ

If you could get it to Frank Godish (Mopar God) in Bridgeton, NJ, he and I might be able to figure out how to get it from there.

I have one in Macon. I don't know for sure it's good, but the guy I got it from said it was. You can have it. My feelins wouldn't be hurt if you had some big block stuff to throw at me, but it's not necessary.

I'm going to be racing near Frank the first weekend in August so if I can get the trans, I can bring it with me and maybe Frank can meet me down there. Let's see if we can make this work.

Ken

The Nationals are getting close and I still haven't found a trans yet. I need one that you know to be good, with the original converter (so I don't run into "lockup/non lockup" issues) preferably needing nothing to bolt in and run. The car is a 72 Valiant so post 68 and up should work. I need to have it delivered to the Mopar Nats next week. Please PM with what you've got and what you need for it. Thanks again!
Greg Purcell

I have one in the barn I have had for two years that you can have, but I am not going to the nats either. It is free if I can get it to you. Is someone from near Allentown or Hazleton going to the Nats?

How close to Pittsburgh (Cecil, PA) are you? I'll be stopping by my brothers house on the trip. Thanks! No... wait..DAH Allentown is on the other side of the state..nevermind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back