Water in the driver/passenger floor board

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Last night I left the 65 cuda in the rain and this morning I checked for water. I had a standing puddle on the passenger side and a small wet spot on the drivers side. I think on the passenger side it is coming from the Antenna which I recently changed. Is there a rubber gasket for the Antenna where it enters the car? On the drivers side I have no idea. I reached under the dash and all is dry. I can see it seems to follow to the door but I have the vapor barriers in place and the seem to be working mostly. A few drips in the rear seat area where the vapor barrier does not barrier lol. I plan on coming back with a little more and tape it to the outside on the existing barrier.

Could be coming in from the windsheld area. Or the wiper pivot seals are going bad. Or any one of the fire wall seals. The antenna wire comes in from the side and has rubber seal. Don't think much rain could get in from there though. Another thing is the cowl vent can get packed with leaves and junk and the water cant drain out and will come out the vent box area.

my 65 cuda has the same problem. The top of my windshield lets water drip in. Some guy told me he just used black cocking to fill the seal, but on my passenger side is comming in from under the dash. I was thinking maybe the fresh air vent area. But I'm not sure

Schumacher has the windshield pivot kits that should fix it.

I'm thinking wiper pivots, too, but there are a lot of places for water to get in. Leaves in the cowl vent are bad, pine straw is a nightmare.

I had the windshield replaced on my ramcharger "professionally". After the third visit, with the second new windshield, the guy finally just caulked it up and stopped the leak.

Clean the cowl, then look to windshield and wipers. To clean the cowl; water or air, in the grille; keep ramming the holes with wire, clothes hanger, in the fender wells (hood open). Takes a while if not cleaned lately.

Sometimes the bottom of the cowl will develop rust holes.

-
Back