We signed the papers yesterday!

-
They're Here!

Delivery all three.jpg

Delivery Back.jpg

Delivery Front.png

Delivery middle.jpg

Setting in Place.jpg

Progress. The three parts are joined, roof is done. They should have the joints complete by this weekend. They start on the interior when the power is in, in about three weeks. Shop is coming along nicely. Rood is up, and side framing is coming along. We hope to be in just after Independence Day.

j

Coming together.jpg

Roof up.jpg

Nanook approves.jpg

Progress. The skirting is done. The east siding is on. They started the interior completion today.

20200609_171826.jpg

20200608_182811.jpg

20200608_182741.jpg

The shell on the shop is done. Waiting on the roll up doors, gutters and concrete. Picked up the ceiling fans for the house on clearance at Lowe's.

j

Screenshot_20200613-080304_Q-See QTView.jpg

Wife approved a hoist. I'm getting most of the equipment from my dad's hanger, including compressor, welder, several rolling tool boxes full of tools.

j

Coming along quite nicely. I can’t wait to see it all finished up.

EDIT: a few more pictures of the dog never hurts!!!

looks awesome
only 2 questions

first off, wouldnt it make more sense to pour the pad for the polebarn first?

and secondly, i think it would have looked better if the siding on the barn would have been the same color as the house

(not complaining mind you, just thinking out loud)

looks awesome
only 2 questions

I asked that same question. I guess the pad helps hold the poles down. Beyond that, I don't know...

and secondly, i think it would have looked better if the siding on the barn would have been the same color as the house

Nah...I like the contrast. Besides, I think the roof color is close to the color of the siding of the house.

j

Good deal!!!! Back in Missouri we would say congrats,... hillbilly heaven, or it might even get dubbed Jethro's Castle! Make plans to add to the shop, it will never be big enough. Who said that first!!!!!??????

Good deal!!!! Back in Missouri we would say congrats,... hillbilly heaven, or it might even get dubbed Jethro's Castle! Make plans to add to the shop, it will never be big enough. Who said that first!!!!!??????

I think the first guy to say it was Grog......the caveman who built a garage a million years ago!

:rofl:

looks awesome
only 2 questions

Nope. Doing a pole barn myself and if the concrete guys mess up then the poles would be off. Better to do it this way

Well, didn't get approved for the lift, but I did get approved for the rotisserie. Wife said after the credit cards are paid off, we can revisit the lift. I also picked up the lighting for the shop yesterday. 24 8' dual lamp LEDs at 8200 lumen per fixture, 4 4750 lumen fixtures for outside the shop corners, and a dual LED security light above the door, all associated romex and boxes. Are there any 01 electricians that would be willing to advise me on this? I'd like the outdoor lights to be on the same circuit, but have separate control over the door security light. I'm thinking, I run a power leg from the outdoor circuit to a separate switch, and we are good. Is that correct?

j

Well, didn't get approved for the lift, but I did get approved for the rotisserie. Wife said after the credit cards are paid off, we can revisit the lift. I also picked up the lighting for the shop yesterday. 24 8' dual lamp LEDs at 8200 lumen per fixture, 4 4750 lumen fixtures for outside the shop corners, and a dual LED security light above the door, all associated romex and boxes. Are there any 01 electricians that would be willing to advise me on this? I'd like the outdoor lights to be on the same circuit, but have separate control over the door security light. I'm thinking, I run a power leg from the outdoor circuit to a separate switch, and we are good. Is that correct?

j
Since you haven't gotten a response yet I'll try help. I'm not an electrician but I did wire my own house and passed inspections. But not on the first try, lol. Ok, need more info. Do you have your breaker box installed in the pole barn? 100 amp? What's the wattage of each light fixture your putting in. You gotta have plan for now and what you might need in the future. Steve

-
Back