Webers on a blower??

-

Blucuda413

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience using 4 Weber 48IDA carbs on a 6/8-71? I've just procured a complete setup for a blower. Unit has been sitting for years and since I have zero experience with these carbs I'm asking input from those with experience. Unit has manifold to blower, 4 48IDA carbs (Italy), fuel line plumbed and all linkage. How should I proceed from the start. Unit will be installed on a 413ci SBM setup with a 6-71. Suggestions appreciated!!

Nice.

A carb is a carb. Rebuild if needed. I would think they are metric.
I had twin webber's on a V Dub. Worked great.

Photos, photos, photos

Speaking of carbs.
What was that carb that Volvo used years ago? I remember they weren't good at all. SU something? (Used to call them Suck carbs).
It had a dipstick for trans fluid?

Anyone have any experience using 4 Weber 48IDA carbs on a 6/8-71? I've just procured a complete setup for a blower. Unit has been sitting for years and since I have zero experience with these carbs I'm asking input from those with experience. Unit has manifold to blower, 4 48IDA carbs (Italy), fuel line plumbed and all linkage. How should I proceed from the start. Unit will be installed on a 413ci SBM setup with a 6-71. Suggestions appreciated!!
Webers are great carbs, very tunable, parts are expensive.
They can be a little tricky to tune, but once there right they stay constant.
If they are true Italian Webers they are worth $ a fortune to VW and Porsche people.

Speaking of carbs.
What was that carb that Volvo used years ago? I remember they weren't good at all. SU something? (Used to call them Suck carbs).
It had a dipstick for trans fluid?
lol, guys used to put SU's on old Panheads

48-ida-carburetors-104.jpg
48 IDA

If they are true Italian Webers they are worth $ a fortune to VW and Porsche people.

I’ve heard the Spanish-made Webers don’t have near the quality of the old Italian- made Webers. I’ve got a trio of Italian - made 45DCOE’s (side draft) I’ve been saving for a slant build “someday”.

7B9DCEB8-0AB6-4D85-80CE-BE3A74B44454.jpeg

Thanks Andy, that would certainly be the ideal solution. I have read everything I can find that he released and would love to have him go thru this system. I will definitely talk to him before any major decision is made.

I hope the blower didn't come from Tennessee.

Is the SU carb the one on a Triumph Spitfire? It was like a snowmobile or motorcycle carb, with the throttle slide and an oil reservoir that the manual said “use suitable oil”

Is the SU carb the one on a Triumph Spitfire? It was like a snowmobile or motorcycle carb, with the throttle slide and an oil reservoir that the manual said “use suitable oil”
There are several different SU models, but yeah the Triumph used them. I always used ATF in mine and they worked great.

-
Back