Weight of the Hemi Dart

-
How much did the 68 Hurst Hemi Darts weigh when they came from the factory???

the final objective was approx 3150 lbs.

I don’t think I have a scale measurement of a completed as delivered car or the mule car.

but I do own the original paperwork calculations that Bob Tarozzi used to predict and calculate the weight. He got internal docs with weights of cars and parts.

I scaled NS1rm21 Hemi Dart clone that is very accurate.

read here: SUPER STOCK BO29 HEMI Barracuda and LO23 Hemi Dart forum

the final objective was approx 3150 lbs.

I don’t think I have a scale measurement of a completed as delivered car or the mule car.

but I do own the original paperwork calculations that Bob Tarozzi used to predict and calculate the weight. He got internal docs with weights of cars and parts.

I scaled NS1rm21 Hemi Dart clone that is very accurate.

read here: SUPER STOCK BO29 HEMI Barracuda and LO23 Hemi Dart forum

Awesome, thank you! I currently building a 1968 Hemi Dart I am going to race, I am going to have lexan windows, fiberglass front end, I may do a fiberglass deck lid, steel doors, back half chromoly car with a 7.50 cert cage. The engine is an all aluminum hemi. I am trying to get a rough figure of what the car will weigh when I am done

Awesome, thank you! I currently building a 1968 Hemi Dart I am going to race, I am going to have lexan windows, fiberglass front end, I may do a fiberglass deck lid, steel doors, back half chromoly car with a 7.50 cert cage. The engine is an all aluminum hemi. I am trying to get a rough figure of what the car will weigh when I am done

should be liter, originals didn`t have alum. blocks -----

Mine is not a real one but, with iron heads, mega block, mp cross ram, auto, Dana, and stock GTS interior (minus console) it was 3560. That was with glass fenders and hood.

Mine was a real one. Automatic trans. If my old *** memory is correct it was with open headers. I don't remember for sure but I thing I had a smaller battery and the steel plate removed and the drivers window was a stock thick one. I try to weight as many cars as I can. people don't believe how heavy A bodies are. Most my stock A bodies with 340's have been in the 3450 - 3500 lb range with the bucket seats. I usually weight with a full tank of fuel or close.

Its harder to get a A body under 3000 lbs than you would think. My 71 Dart 446/727/8.75 Drag only car weighed 1705 front 1380 rear or 3085 total. With fiberglass bumpers/hood/Fenders. With 12 pt cage.

-
Back