Well THIS THING got flipped!!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
My Cletrac project, now with paint, I just sold this spring for less'n a third that price

http://missoula.en.craigslist.org/grd/3820687076.html

OLIVER CLETRAC DOZER - $3800 (Missoula area)

Mid 50's OC3 68 Gauge wide track dozer with 78 Toyota 20 R engine.. You can still get parts for this motor, at a reasonable price.. Runs good, and is ready to use... I just bought this unit, and found out that it is not big enough for what I need to accomplish. I need a larger unit.. Give me a call for an appointment to see.. You will need a trailer to haul it

Attachments

• 3E13G43Lc5L25F35H8d5ld78dc02e6b9d1101.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 3E23G33Nf5He5Me5Jcd5lb2523e0dc9221f0c.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 3K43L53Je5Ec5Kc5J6d5l24e76af136161cf8.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 299
Yeah flippers are alive and well.

Evidently it sold for an agreed upon amount, guy invested some $ into couple quarts of paint, now trying to sell for another agreed upon amount.

I can see if he really beat ya down on price with a story such as " I really only have XX amount and really need this to clear the snow in grannies driveway whom is restricted to a wheel chair with only one rear wheel to get her to the back of the '82 ranger pickup bed to get her to the doctor" ...but at the end of the day you did sell it willingly.

Evidently it sold for an agreed upon amount, guy invested some $ into couple quarts of paint,

It IS possible he's telling it like it is---he bought it, and it wasn't big enough. I will say, it surely had as much power as the worn growsers would allow. The Toy and 4 speed against the factory 3 speed gave it plenty of gearing.

I'm not really complaining--but you do have to wonder, LOL.

Pretty difficult to put a price on that. I guess the ?unknown? is he didn't blab very much about what all he might have done, like, it needed throttle linkage, track rollers, or beefing the blade angle setup. So that might just be the most expensive paint I've seen lately, LOL

The "before"

attachment.php

attachment.php

Why would anyone be annoyed by this? Once you sell it it's NOT YOURS any more.

Not really annoyed, I did agree to it. But ya hafta wonder.

The other thing is, based on the calls I got and didn't get, if ANYONE will call HIM LOL

I should have a couple of friends call in 'bout a month "how firm, " etc..............LOL

People buy and sell stuff all the time. Maybe you priced it too low? Maybe he did the needed repairs, who knows.

If I see a good deal that I know is worth more, I haul *** over and buy it. Last month I bought a 440 +6 radiator off of Craigslist for $60. A week later, I sold it on Ebay for $546. It's not the buyers duty to inform the seller if he's priced too low.

No, Brian, I'm not really bitchin, LOL. But again, based on the amount of calls I got, a few, I'd say the market may not be there, at least in this part of the country. Well, I hope the old girl goes to a good home. If I had the money, LOL, I'd have a big place to play with this stuff. I'm quickly approaching, or at, the "health wall" which no longer makes working on this heavy stuff enjoyable, 'specially without a heated/ cooled shop.. Hell, when I was 50, just 15 short years ago, I was already in some pain, but I could still work through that.

I know I have one with a loader and I can't get rid of it. Mine needs a head gasket and paint but no one seems interested. The market for anything I have is tough.

-
Back