Were driveshafts painted or raw from factory?

-
I like those. A buddy builds those for a living. He has sent trucks as far as Australia and has won many Sema awards.
Me too, they're done deliberately to simulate the "look", but my comment about doing the driveshaft was from this mindset...oh well.

i can see a nice deuce with primered fenders and a bit of rust repair, finished inside and mechanically sound like the original hot roders built with limited funds.That's the way it started.
But to deliberately make something appear rotted and unpleasant is puzzling?

i can see a nice deuce with primered fenders and a bit of rust repair, finished inside and mechanically sound like the original hot roders built with limited funds.That's the way it started.
But to deliberately make something appear rotted and unpleasant is puzzling?
It's more about "worn and weathered" than rotted and unpleasant

lmao, it's a f---in joke! Who could even imagine doing that for real? Never implied you said that. That's what some of these "patina" guys do to old trucks.
View attachment 1715620523
Yea, I know, got the joke, gotcha, roger, 10-4...

Re read mine with a funny voice and rolling eyes lightly laced with witty sarcasm as if I’m standing next to you pointing out a weirdo’s folly.

Yea, I know, got the joke, gotcha, roger, 10-4...

Re read mine with a funny voice and rolling eyes lightly laced with witty sarcasm as if I’m standing next to you pointing out a weirdo’s folly.
Well thanx, at least you didn't "Hey Dude " me while you were talking with that funny voice and witty sarcasm.

Reading text on the net from someone can be hard at times, as to how the poster was feeling or the intended delivery of the message was supposed to be.

No worries here. I just wanna laugh the day away & BS on MoPars. It would only be better if we could all stand around our cars & sit at the same table to eat, drink and be merry.

Reading text on the net from someone can be hard at times, as to how the poster was feeling or the intended delivery of the message was supposed to be.

No worries here. I just wanna laugh the day away & BS on MoPars. It would only be better if we could all stand around our cars & sit at the same table to eat, drink and be merry.
Totally agree on all points...

I used Stainless Steel paint from the auto parts store, it has what I think is the closest look to natural steel.
After each coat I run steel wool over it in one direction.
2016-01-18_007.jpg

Alan

I should paint it hemi orange. That color allegedly adds 10-15 hp, from what I've been told.

The issue with clear coating rust is it darkens it permanently. I do a lot of repurposed work and reclaimed work and there is no way around that.

As far as clearing patina paint, the same issue arises and you have to at best use a satin clear. THe best best looks wise is to work with the original surface but if it will get wet you're screwed.

-
Back