What a mother

-

djwhog

Reaction score
Man had a hell of a time today getting the old E brake cable out of the location of the crossmember where it mounts in the frame. After an hr I got it worked out.

Anyway when you guys do frame connectors on early A bodies what are you doing to re-locate the E-brake cable assembly? :read2:

Got the pass side frame connector done today, and the drivers side is ready to go, rails on the car have been cleaned and I just need to mark and drill the mounting holes. I am only using the bolts as a temp solution to hold them in place. Once I get the car on the road i am taking it to a friends shop so we can weld them in place too.

Gee not looking forward to the TTI headers either. I am hoping I can have a person hold the header in place while I lower the engine in the car. The steering column and T bar are out as is the pitman arm and drag link. I put in all new suspension and front disc. However, I did not tighten down the drivers side since it needs to come out for the headers it was only finger tight for mock up of al lthe parts. I am debating on just putting the engine in without the trans with these headers to make the header install easier. But the the 727 in this Dart is very tuff by it's self. I have done that several times and it is so much easier to lower both in place toghter. Anybody done this with the TTI's on an Early A?

I did get the pass T bar in, but like an idiot forgot the new seal. So I need to pull it out again. And the new .890s dont come out as easy as the old worn stockers. So now I need a removing tool so I can knock it back and put the seal on, then knock it back in place.

Guess I should have called it a day after the brake cable stress...

-
Back