what are my heads worth?

-

mopow3r

Reaction score
im building my 340 and going with aftermarket heads so i wont need these, they are the O heads with the 2.02/1.60s and a 3 angle valve job

A dollar with no pictures.

I'm not real good with pricing these days, but I'd think in the 300/400 range if the're still in useable shape. The're somewhat expensive to ship & I'm sure the potential buyer would still want to go thru them and determine whether at least the springs would work for them before dropping them on a engine.

lol come on yall, i just asked a simple question to see if theyre worth keeping on the shelf for a later project or just letting go of

I'm not real good with pricing these days, but I'd think in the 300/400 range if the're still in useable shape. The're somewhat expensive to ship & I'm sure the potential buyer would still want to go thru them and determine whether at least the springs would work for them before dropping them on a engine.

I agree

oh okay cool thank you rick, and i forgot about the springs! sorry, they have the springs on them that come with the Mopar Perf. 509 cam

Mopar heads are pretty much all the same so a 2.02 intake cut makes a generic 1.88 head a "good" head. shipping will kill the deal ($50+ a head), put them up locally. The springs are a plus. I cant see $400 for O heads myself but then again, Im not looking to buy any. Its really what the market is in your area. So Cal is a weak market because we see/got everything.

Unless you need the $$ just wrap them up and put them on a shelf....you never know what tomorrow will bring....

well here imagine this, theyre just orange and still on my motor

Well, imagine a stack of $100 bills... Not yours...

That's as far as it goes without any pictures, just a figment of your imagination....

I can imagine a very nice set of heads, but I'm sure that yours won't match up to how good the ones in my imagination are.....

Here's part of what I have stocked up on my shelves in my basement...

Fresh valve jobs, stainless 2.02/1.60 valves, fresh springs, some set up for over .500 lift, ported, ready to go....

View attachment Heads A03 B2.jpg

Straight up: No pictures, no info on the work,nets core pricing. 75-100 bucks. We don't know,what your selling. Been here,done that as a seller & buyer. A fresh set with 2.02 /1.60 valves 200-300. Shipping kills you,B.T.W. Not sounding negative on your part,trying to be honest.

Yup, I have 2 sets of "X" heads in stock form and should have sold them before the "Edelbrock" heads came out, the price has fallen on them so they will be put away into deep storage till someday............

I saw a set of greasy old x heads sell for $1200 at mopars at the battleship last year

That's probably my favorite mopar event also. Anyone in that area should attend

I saw a set of greasy old x heads sell for $1200 at mopars at the battleship last year

Classic case of Mopar overpricing. Especially at an event. $350 ish without the further info the aformentioned posts explained.

last set of X heads i sold i got $150 for. they aren't bringing the money anymore because there are too many better choices out there now cheaper then it costs to redo a 40+ year old head.. the resto guys are the ones that really want them now..

You're right man I need to come over to Louisiana for a weekend with yall!

-
Back