What determines the stripe choice?

-

squadbay

Reaction score
I wonder why my 73 Dart Sport has the roof line stripe kit and other 73's have the side stripe kit only? What determines which is correct and why the dbl. standard?

100_0678 (Small).JPG

squadbay,I will look into this and I alway's liked that stripe.This new stripe has a roadrunner looking stripe they used in about 72,73, Where was you car built at.
That sure is a good looking dart :thumbup:

thanks Memike.... I will check the build sheet. My son is in the process of removing and replacing the rear quarters. They are in bad shape. He is going to shot it with Vitamin C Orange and the hood scoops black with a new black stripe kit from Year One. I was just curious as to why some 73's are the Road Runner type and ours is the over the hood kit. Is anyone more correct than the other? Lots of work yet to be done.

squadbay,

If you havn't bought your stripe kit yet, you may want to check out Pheonix Graphics. They have very good stuff and is a little cheaper than Year One most of the time.

Jack

this is a 73 to 74 mid stripe 125 dollars.
your stipe is what they call over top stripe
this is a mid strip both were oferd in 73 74

73to74.jpg

You can shop around this came from Graphic Express.
It comes in matt black,black,white, red.
for $155 dollar you can get custom collor

the over the top stripe was an optional stipe. it was "new" for 1973. it lasted through model year 76. the side stripe was also avabile but was another option. your car seems to have the body side mouldings running down the sides. the side stripe would not have worked for your car with this moulding. the over the top stripe was usally ordered with a vinyl top as well but not always. look for code v9w on the fender tag.

squadbay said:
thanks Memike.... I will check the build sheet. My son is in the process of removing and replacing the rear quarters. They are in bad shape. He is going to shot it with Vitamin C Orange and the hood scoops black with a new black stripe kit from Year One. I was just curious as to why some 73's are the Road Runner type and ours is the over the hood kit. Is anyone more correct than the other? Lots of work yet to be done.

just wanted to say that the current color combonation is rare for 73. probably 1-75 built that way. you can do what you want but it will hurt the value of that car. see pic from below that i took of another 73 dart sport 340 from 06 carlisle...

FH000013.jpg

I don't know if this helps, but I have seen the roof strips mainly used on the vinyl half top cars. I have seen the side stripe used mainly on full vinyl top or solid color cars. my freind did buy a new Dart Sport in 1974 with the roof stripe.

-
Back