What happened to member Demonsizzler??

-

Dana

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where he's at? Talk about a major loss to the Mopar community. This guy was in the middle of some killer R&D then vanished? Not of mention the experience and tuning notes. And parts! I seen a few folks giving him a little grief on here and mop arts, I sure hope that wasn't what is responsible for his disappearance. I'm not saying he is the endall do all, but he made a lot of sense and brought out the best in a thread. If anyone knows how he can be reached pm me please I need some parts.

I haven't spoke with him in a year or so but he is basically an extremely busy person. Retired from one place and 3 took over that one. He is still in his home town area. IIRC, He sold his biz and parts to Harms. Goggle "Harms"

They have many parts and rebuild devices but not a carb modifying biz.

What are you looking for?

He hasn'the been here since Feb 19, 2014.

I didn't know Harm's took over. I'll keep that in mind,thanks

Yea man, I'm pretty sure Scott took it over.

Hey Rumble, how ya Doin pal? I've been dialing in the tq on my corner carver, and having a blast doing it. A friend of mine went with me for a ride and must have liked it. He asked if I'd do one for him to try on his super stock. I was honored and proudly accepted! I've got some good notes ( mental and physical) on the ones I've worked on. But I've never had the opportunity to set one on KILL. so I'm trying to come up with some kinda of tuning baseline and maybe one of those handy dandy tuning kits he offered. I'm not stopping on this until it's a permanent fixture on his motor. Thanks

Ugh! Tuning kits are a Achilles heel for the TQ. Replacement bowls are the other.

The tuning kits will pop up on E-gag from time to time. And you have to watch out for which one you get because the first year TQ and there race models use press in jets while the later ones are screw in as you know.

I have over time purchased "junk" TQ's with rods and jets in them or just rods and jets by themselves if available. This has allowed me to accumulate a kit for myself.

I think* it is the "carb shop" (.com) that have/can make/get rods and jets. Do check with Harms to see if, IF he has any kits.

Otherwise, like I did, just hunt them down and collect the jets. Even if there doubles. You can have a machinist drill them out to a desired size. Do realize that AVS jets are a slight taller than AFB jets.

Rods on the other hand can be made from AFB or AVS rods. Do note that OE AVS rods are a slight bit longer and are a 3 step design, not a 2 step like an AFB rod. But AFB rods are plentiful.

You can bend a AFB rod 3/4 of an inch shorter to match the TQ length. Clip off the top bent part and finish it to the same size as a OE, TQ rod.

The AFB rode can be purchased in a kit or by the pair from Edelbrock. But the jets won't fit. I have not fiddled around with the AFB/AVS jets in a TQ yet.

Step up springs from the AVS/AFB can be used in place of the single big spring the TQ uses. Even though it has the cam to lift the rod tree.

I hope this helps. I'm not a TQ expert, but I do like to fiddle and experiment with them and other Carters.

If I can be of any more help....

Ugh! Tuning kits are a Achilles heel for the TQ. Replacement bowls are the other.

The tuning kits will pop up on E-gag from time to time. And you have to watch out for which one you get because the first year TQ and there race models use press in jets while the later ones are screw in as you know.

I have over time purchased "junk" TQ's with rods and jets in them or just rods and jets by themselves if available. This has allowed me to accumulate a kit for myself.

I think* it is the "carb shop" (.com) that have/can make/get rods and jets. Do check with Harms to see if, IF he has any kits.

Otherwise, like I did, just hunt them down and collect the jets. Even if there doubles. You can have a machinist drill them out to a desired size. Do realize that AVS jets are a slight taller than AFB jets.

Rods on the other hand can be made from AFB or AVS rods. Do note that OE AVS rods are a slight bit longer and are a 3 step design, not a 2 step like an AFB rod. But AFB rods are plentiful.

You can bend a AFB rod 3/4 of an inch shorter to match the TQ length. Clip off the top bent part and finish it to the same size as a OE, TQ rod.

The AFB rode can be purchased in a kit or by the pair from Edelbrock. But the jets won't fit. I have not fiddled around with the AFB/AVS jets in a TQ yet.

Step up springs from the AVS/AFB can be used in place of the single big spring the TQ uses. Even though it has the cam to lift the rod tree.

I hope this helps. I'm not a TQ expert, but I do like to fiddle and experiment with them and other Carters.

If I can be of any more help....

Dangit I should have kept that Edelbrock tuning kit I sold along with my Carter AFB last year. Although I do have a tuning kit for my Street Demon which uses metering rods, might see if those could be made to work on a TQ hmmmm...

Good thinking! A side by side comparison will tell you if it is doable or not in a second flat. Also, check out the jets!

-
Back