What in tarnation are these boxes?

-

derrangedgadgeteer

Reaction score
P07-20-11_21.19.jpg

There are these boxes under the hood of my '75 dart, one sits on the passenger fender, next to the voltage regulator, the other sits on the passenger side firewall near the heater box. They are both attached with 3-wire pigtails, white, dark blue, and light blue wires. the part numbers on them are faded, and although I've googled the part numbers as best I can make them out, I've found nothing. I've also pulled the wiring diagrams for my car, and there's nothing like these on them. (Everything else is accounted for.

Taking apart my dart I've found it's a frankenstein's monster of mismatched parts, there's even a few connections on my wiring harness that don't even hook to anything. It's a slant with electronic ignition, but I'm swapping in a 318 with points, so I'd like to know whether I can toss these for the sake of a cleaner engine bay.

There's also a vacuum switch/relay/solenoid thing that was wired up but didn't have anything hooked up to its vacuum hose. I'm painting the engine bay, and I want as few wires blocking my work as possible. :colors:

funny you just asked this, My 75 Dart Sport has one of these in orange, No clue what it is. I just noticed it tonight.

IIRC they're some kind of timer that turns on the egr and/or catalyst warning lamp at some pre programmed mileage interval. I think.

I think they were also installed on 81 dodge pick ups. I think one has something to do with the charging system.

-
Back