what is section on 28/12.5/15 on 12 inch rim?

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
Any of you guys or gals running a 28/12.5/15 street Radial on a 12 inch rim? I am looking at some MT S/R 28s and need to know the section on a 12 inch wheel.

Ummmmmm......is this a trick question?

Have you tried looking at the M/T tire website?

No Not a trick question. I really need to know? The section isnt always what one might think it would be or reported to be by a manufacture. I know from experience.Most folks seem to be using a 10 inch rim and thats what rim is used when given specs.on a mfgs or retailer web site. I have a 12 inch rim under my Dart

In general, for every extra inch of rim width beyond the manufactures sized wheel, you usually add about .4 of section width

So if it said 12" on a 10" rim and you put them on a 12" rim, the section width would be in the 12.7-12.9 range.

I have a set of 28x12.50x15 E/T Streets on 10" wide weld drag lites..I can go out there and messure that for then you can get a Idea of what it should be..

If you mean 28x12x15 M/T Sportsman S/R tires then I can answer it. I have a set of these mounted on a set of 15x12 Weld Draglies and I measured them just yesterday. They measured 13.1 They advertise them at 12.1 on a 10" rim. I called M/T and asked them about this and they said to add an inch from 10 to 12 and sure enough that is what it came to. I know it's not an A body so take it easy.
005-7.jpg

Thanks yall! Thats exactly what I needed to know!! I can order me some TARs now. Stinking things went up $10 a tire at the beginning of Feb. Reckon I should have ordered them in January. Oh well they will last a long time since I dont drive the Dart much. Again thanks!!

-
Back