What is this relay for?????

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1972 Dart 318/904 I found this under the dash left side of glove-box door. The picture was taken with camera facing driver, you can see the radio and turn signal flasher in the background. It is unplugged. Everything on the car seems to work. What is if for and do I need it?????

Attachments

• DSC01194.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 457
My first thought is the seat belt interlock, but for some reason tonight I cannot find it.

My first thought is the seat belt interlock, but for some reason tonight I cannot find it.

thought the seat beat interlocks came in 73 or 74.....otherwise probably key buzzer..

thought the seat beat interlocks came in 73 or 74.....otherwise probably key buzzer..

i keep reading about these seat belt interlocks on the 73 and 74s, but my original 73 doesnt have one... were these standard equipment?

my 73 duster does not either....

did a quick google....says 74 was the year for interlocks..

Seat belt interlock was under the hood. Has a red button to press if the car does not start. My old 74 duster had one. Its located over on the drivers inner fender. Moms 74 challenger has one too. Basically the same location. Key buzzer usally above drivers kick panel. Ignition light delay maybe. Plug it in and see what happens.

Seat belt interlock was under the hood. Has a red button to press if the car does not start. My old 74 duster had one. Its located over on the drivers inner fender. Moms 74 challenger has one too. Basically the same location. Key buzzer usally above drivers kick panel. Ignition light delay maybe. Plug it in and see what happens.

i have one in the same spot above the kick panel that was my key in buzzer and it finally drove me crazy enough that i unplugged it.

Doesn't seem to do anything connected either. Thanks

Yeah, it looks like a buzzer. Put 12V to the middle terminal and ground the left upper one (with the middle one down).

See if you can find a Mopar part no on the thing

-
Back