What parts/brackets did Hurst take or cut off the body shell?

-

SSing

Reaction score
Or were e.g. brackets for back seat never put there by Chrysler in the first place?
There is a big difference in appearance I thing, in that Hurst probably just cut the piece of, and that was it, leaving some traces of it…
I have a feeling there are guys frequent this Forum, that know a lot. Maybe own one, or know a friend that does, and can check in to some details.
Here are a couple of Q´s I would like to straighten out.
Apparently bracket holding Bumper Jack was cut off (only on Cuda´s) or never put in place.
Question is are there signs of bracket being cut or is floor smooth. Same with loop holding spring for BJ.
This particular area may very well still be intact on quite a few Cuda´s. No need to mess with Battery, unless car was back halfed or something.
Same with Barracuda rear seat floor and bracket on each wheel well. Cut off or never put in place?
Now all this may have varied in that for the first run of cars or first fifty or so, Chrysler may have had this as part of the planning, thus brackets never put in place. Wheres when all of a sudden more cars had to be delivered, finished bodies were just taken of the line in a hurry and shipped to Hurst.
I also have a feeling there are guys here who have an insight in how thing worked at the assembly line, and when along the line this was done, and when and how body was primed and such…
So… lets hang the wet rag up to dry, that some people try to put on any attempt to shred some lights over more specific info around these cars…
Personally, as soon as and if I can get a good deal on printing a booklet, I will share all info I have come across over the years…
Stay Safe.

I believe the rear brackets are there on the Darts. Many years ago I researched this and I came to that conclusion. I just went and looked for those photos and I can find them. On the Barracuda all the brackets are there including the fold down bracket. Most of the racers removed them as the years went by.

Last edited:
What about the brackets for the floor console? Another question I have is, do the automatic cars have the hole in the floor where the factory shift linkage went thru?

There is still controversy going around about exactly how the cars were build prior to going to Hurst. The body’s were built with convertible boxes, 3/8 fuel lines, 7 1/4 rear ends, no console brackets, door panels, exterior trim, six cylinder front suspension and many other things. I would give anything to see a photo of a car dropped off at Hurst before they started working on it. This helped Hurst with the assembly’s process.

-
Back