What plug is this?

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
36BB2EB2-8991-4445-BFA4-9C031DEC59BD.jpeg
7C16EBC5-AAE5-48BC-934B-DB8BD28D0D6E.jpeg
Okay gang- on my new harness for the 66’ There is a square plug female on the right side of the steering column behind the cluster. 10 ports (female square) and only 8 are wires. I cannot find in wire schematic from FSM.
What’s it for? I hope tach connections.?!
Too early for OBD2 port - lol!
Joe

Looks to me for the turn signal switch harness. The 2 green and 2 brown wire are a dead giveaway. No tack wires, sorry!

Looks to me for the turn signal switch harness. The 2 green and 2 brown wire are a dead giveaway. No tack wires, sorry!
You are sooo right. I’m so deep into this car I can’t see past the windshield.

I saw it after I wrote the post. Sorry guys. Does anyone know where the 4 pin plug is for the tach generator is? I need to check the tach to see if that has the rest of the harness. Time to shut down for the day- I’m smoked.

I “think” it might be behind the driver’s kick panel. If not there possibly behind the glove box but that might be 66/67 Charger.

You are sooo right. I’m so deep into this car I can’t see past the windshield.

I saw it after I wrote the post. Sorry guys. Does anyone know where the 4 pin plug is for the tach generator is? I need to check the tach to see if that has the rest of the harness. Time to shut down for the day- I’m smoked.

on a 65 is where your left knee hits the kickpanel, pull it back and you should see the pancake sender and the 3-4 wire harness.

on a 65 is where your left knee hits the kickpanel, pull it back and you should see the pancake sender and the 3-4 wire harness.

Pishta- thanks. This was a full off restoration of the body and everything was removed for 3 years rebuilding. I was looking at the FSM for wiring schematics and found a few issues with the schematics. I went to the formula S car I also have and found the tach sender had a harness but I could not get into the car enough to see if the sender on the bottom of the left “A” pillar door support and of the tach harness had a wire all ready into the passenger compartment for (-) coil pickup. This car has the aftermarket 66’ tach I’m using with the fuel injection. I did not want to modify harness or harness plug if wire was already there. Joe

what EFI you running? I sold the 65 tach ($$$) and used a Sun tach in there as it worked with the CD ignition I had.

what EFI you running? I sold the 65 tach ($$$) and used a Sun tach in there as it worked with the CD ignition I had.

FI Tech injection. Tank inc. did the 66’tank (with baffles and internal pump)and I ended up just running a single 14ga wire from coil to the dash mounted tach I bought from Van’s LLC. It looks close enough to factory but modern. Works good for my needs.

I was thinking f selling the factory tach and sender for the 66’ not sure what to ask as it was tested with electronic ignition and worked. But It was made for points. Nice shape too. 50 year old electronics are tough selling. One drop by UPS and it’s toast.

-
Back