What ring and pinion to choose?

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
I'm looking into changing the 2.45 gear in my 8.25 diff. I have looked into a new carrier and the installation kit but i would like some opinions on ring and pinions.

I'm looking for a strong 3.55 gear that is only used for street use therefor the quieter the better LOL. Diff is behind a warmed over 360 and 727 with shift kit, i would estimate it at 350HP. (planning to put it on a Mopar performance sure-grip carrier DCC-4529273) The car is a 67 barracuda with large bolt pattern 8.25 rear axle from a 74 a-body, at least that's what i was told :)

Below is a link with some of the options Summit has, any opinions would be appreciated.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Drivetrain/Section/Differential-Rear-End-Components/Axle-Model/Chrysler-8-25-in/Part-Type/Ring-and-Pinion-Gears/Ring-and-Pinion-Ratio/3-55-1/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Also, is this something i would be able to do myself in my garage or do i need special tools and "professional skills" LOL. I am mechanically inclined but i would by no means call myself a PRO :)

..............Its always to get a pro install. cause if u have a problem with a whine they7 always say its installation related.............yes u need special tools.............kim.......

Make sure you get a quality gear set.... not a china knock off...

So when you order it you must tell the guy on the phone "it's not china junk right?" when he says 'no way" then you tell him " so you say i won't find china in a US box and i won't have to get on a plane and shove them up your *** then, this you are guaranteeing me"

Then you'll be ok, if you know how to set up gears, if not and you don't have the tools, see a professional.
What the tools cost is more then you'll spend on labor.....

I think I might still have my factory 8 1/4 3.23,s from my 73 D.Sport 340.If interested?I,ll have a look for them.I,m also close by you.:-D

-
Back