What size Holley 4150 or similar for engine?

-

Jason96R

Reaction score
I would like to get a recomendation based on my engine and car. I'm pretty loss when it comes to Carbs so any help is greatly appreciated. By similar I'm open to Demon carbs and etc. I see that Demon has a carb looks kinda like a TQ wonder if that would be big enough.

Engine:

360 bored .60 over rebuilt with 10:2 actual compression KB hypertunic pistons, original crank turned .010"/.010", Eagle H rods. Factory windage tray. 2.02" heads with competition valve job and ported to flow 260 cfm j-heads. M1 Single Plane intake, port/gasket matched. Large 1 3/4" primary tube headers. Mopar Performance 292/509 cam installed at 108 intake centerline. Crane 1.6 roller rockers. Swirl port valves. Engine builder is known around Norwalk, OH his head work is his claim to fame.

Car:

69 Plymouth Barracuda all steel. 4.10 suregrip with 4-speed manual.

Nothing wrong with the carb you have.It may need to be tuned for best air/fuel ratio.If you just have to be fancy a 750 double pumper would get my nod with the 4 speed and 4.10 gears.The street demon 750 would be fine if you want/need a choke.

I bet that cam would run better advanced to 106 or 104 intake centerline.

Thank you. I just wanted to see what CFM Holley would work in case I see one for sale. I really like the Thermoquad design as I feel it was a design way ahead of their time. I actually have 2 TQ my backup is on the car now as the one I had setup for the engine won't even idle the car. In case I can't figure things out I would lean more towards the speed demon as it seems to be a TQ but easier to work on.

After a long hiatus of barely touching the car, my fault the Demonsizzler carb not working now, I'm finally back to working on the car. I've cleaned my Demonsizzler carb and will try to see if I can't do something to get it working right again. If I can't I may just move on to something newer. That is why I'm asking what CFM Holley and if that Speed Demon would work. I'm glad 750CFM can work as that is usually what I see for sale locally.

Quickfuel 750..throw the "thermo-bog" in the trash were they belong..demons aren't much better

The street Demon is not the old BG Demon carbs which I agree sucked at best.This is the one I am talking about http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dem-1904 .
They are more like a TQ and are a spreadbore design that will work on a square bore intake.I am thinking of one for my 360.

The BIGS carbs are fantastic!Jesse modified an 850 dp for me and it ran awesome out of the box.I still have it and would highly recommend his services.

I would love to get that carb but sorry I just don't have the money right now. If I can't get my Thermoquad working I might be more inclined to go with that Speed Demon. I'm moving from having more of a race engine to more cruising around town.

The TQ can be a bit tricky on the single plane with that cam. You'll have to work on it.
IDK about the Street Demon carb. But a Holley on top, a DP 750 would be a great start, would bennifit from intake mods under it.

That TQ model number is????
There excellent street strip carbs if you can dial it in.

-
Back