What size spare???

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. My question is, what size spare to use? I have 205-60/15 on the front. 225-60/15 rear. The rear end is a 8 1/4 SG. I would think if I have a flat on the rear I need a tire the same diameter, right? But a 225 will rub on the front fender when I make a turn. So instead of trial-n-error, does anyone know the best choice to start with? Thanks.

If it matters wheels on car are 15x7 cop wheels, spare wheel is 15x6 steel factory. both with factory backspacing. Thanks

my guess would be to use whatever size the car came with from the factory. space saver tires did come in some mopars so im guessing that it wouldnt damage your axle if it were off a little. at least you could limp it to the tire shop. worse case scenario would be to carry 2 spares in each size for long highway trips maybe.

205-65-15 on a 6" wheel. This will give you the same height for use on the rear and will be narrow enough for the front.

Your 225-60-15 is about 25.6" tall.

The 205-65-15 is about 25.5" tall.

This is assuming that you are rubbing in the front with the 225-60-15s because of width and/or wheel offset.

The 225-60 and 205-65 are both about stock height.

Thanks 68. That is what I was looking for.
The tires only rub in one certain spot. Once I turn enough to get past that spot their ok.

Here's something that hasn't been said in any of the preceding posts and I think it may have just a little importance: Make sure whatever tire/rim you decide on for a spare fits in the spare tire well.

Thanks OCD. I am hoping whatever size I have to use will fit the well.

ya that what i ran in to only spare i got to fit was a 195/75 14 /o/e size C 78 14 .this is a 71 demon

The size I mentioned above should fit (about as well as the factory one did). The height is right so it will fit but the width may have it sticking up a bit.

I have a factory E70-14 as my spare and it sticks up too.

-
Back