What was the first year for the Dodge Challenger?

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
If you guessed 1970, you are wrong! Here is the 1959 Dodge Challenger.

1959 Challenger.jpg

Ma recyled several names over the years and on different platforms. "Magnum" has been re-re-re-re- used so many times I don't recall them all. "ram" is another

Just wait for any chevy/yahoo to come up to you at a car show.

He'll be quick to tell you he had one just like yours, but it was a 1969 Challenger.
(...with a rare, special order 440 six pack hemi)

Just wait for any chevy/yahoo to come up to you at a car show.

He'll be quick to tell you he had one just like yours, but it was a 1969 Challenger.
(...with a rare, special order 440 six pack hemi)
You kill me!!! :rofl::rofl:

Many people refer to their 1970 Challengers as 1969s because of the Mylar door stickers that show the actual build month & year.

The 1970 model year started August 1, 1969 so thousands of 1970 Challengers were made in 1969.

I am waiting for Plymouth to bring back the Cranbrook name!!!! Wait,there ain't NO Plymouth!!

Makes my 71 ply duster darn rare and valuable!!???????????????/////////

I am waiting for Plymouth to bring back the Cranbrook name!!!! Wait,there ain't NO Plymouth!!

Makes my 71 ply duster darn rare and valuable!!???????????????/////////
Specially if it is one of those ultra rare Hurt Dusters.

My '66 Ranchero was made on my 9th birthday in '65 .. Dad traded in a really cool '60 Ford short bed for it .. When I got the Ranchero and a job and money .. I had it painted the same color as the '60 short bed was .. Dark dark green metallic .. Corvette or Caddy color, don't recall for sure

Many people refer to their 1970 Challengers as 1969s because of the Mylar door stickers that show the actual build month & year.

The 1970 model year started August 1, 1969 so thousands of 1970 Challengers were made in 1969.
Saw an auction on Ebay that advertised a car as a 1969 Dodge Challenger. "Fresh restoration". I think it was some sort of scam from a MOPAR ignorant person, though. The auction was pulled in a couple of hours.

im just waiting for the millennials to come in and claim 2008 as the first model year for challengers

-
Back