What would you do? (65 dart headers)

-

72swgnr

Reaction score
I'm inching closer in my 360 build. I'm picking up the short block from the machine shop next week and will be ordering some RHS heads from Brian and IMM that flow 271 @.550.

I'm going to be in the market for headers very soon and want to keep an eye out for good deals. I have a 65 dart with a /6 K-frame using schumacker v8 conversion mounts. The car has power stearing at the moment as well. I'm thinking the only thing thats going to fit is fendewell headers? (which I have no problem with using)

Am I right thinking that only fenderwells will fit or will TTI's or Dougs fit with the power stearing box? Anyone have an experience with the this year car and k-frame/engine mount setup?

Thanks.

I went with the Hedman Hussler fenderwell hedders on my 410 in my 66 Dart.Ihave Eddy RPM,s P&P on my engine and had the Dougs(1 5/8)but sent them back as they would,ve restricted full potential of the engine.TTI now makes 1 3/4 hedders for Early-A,but not sure about fitting with p.steering.If you change to manual steering,it gives you more options for hedders.Theirs a post here about deals on the Dougs hedders.Here,s a pic of my fenderwell hedders.
View attachment car pics 66 Dart 145.jpg

View attachment car pics 66 Dart 205.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Do you happen to have pics of the wheel well? I want to know how much tire clearance etc you have.

-
Back