What's out there? Complete front ends.

-

73440abody

Reaction score
I'm looking to go with a complete new front end for my car. Im running a 73 duster with a 440. One of the reasons for switching is for more header clearance. I've been looking at the gerst kit for a while, just started looking at the mag. Force and alterkation kits. Does anybody have any experience with any of these, or have any other recommendations?

I'm looking to go with a complete new front end for my car. Im running a 73 duster with a 440. One of the reasons for switching is for more header clearance. I've been looking at the gerst kit for a while, just started looking at the mag. Force and alterkation kits. Does anybody have any experience with any of these, or have any other recommendations?
I have the Gerst Kit. I'm still building the car though. Several others have it on here as well. Seems to be getting rave reviews from various mopar mags and sites as well. Carl, the owner, is a member here as well.

Hemidenny, another member here, sells a pretty good kit too and is highly popular on here. As does Reilly Motorsports. all of the above 3 will be worth the coin and are of high quality and I've not seen any of them with failures.

Stay away from Magnum Force. Do a google search, or even search here. There's been reports with photos that show Magnum force has had some quality issues resulting in welds coming apart and tube ripping out, thus damaging cars and the like. Another one to STAY AWAY from is AJE. AJE is in the same boat, they're actually local to me and Ive visited their shop and was not impressed. Really thin wall stuff being used and barely safe for a dedicated drag car. They seem to be cheap for a reason, lots of failures reported across the web on street cars trying to run their stuff.

So to recap, Gerst, HemiDenny or Reilly Motorsports Alterkation. Outside of those, you're gambling your car, money and potentially your life.

I have the Gerst Kit. I'm still building the car though. Several others have it on here as well. Seems to be getting rave reviews from various mopar mags and sites as well. Carl, the owner, is a member here as well.

Hemidenny, another member here, sells a pretty good kit too and is highly popular on here. As does Reilly Motorsports. all of the above 3 will be worth the coin and are of high quality and I've not seen any of them with failures.

Stay away from Magnum Force. Do a google search, or even search here. There's been reports with photos that show Magnum force has had some quality issues resulting in welds coming apart and tube ripping out, thus damaging cars and the like. Another one to STAY AWAY from is AJE. AJE is in the same boat, they're actually local to me and Ive visited their shop and was not impressed. Really thin wall stuff being used and barely safe for a dedicated drag car. They seem to be cheap for a reason, lots of failures reported across the web on street cars trying to run their stuff.

So to recap, Gerst, HemiDenny or Reilly Motorsports Alterkation. Outside of those, you're gambling your car, money and potentially your life.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it

Thanks for the info, appreciate it
no problem. My advice, find a show they'll all be at and check them out in person if you can, speak to each of Carl, Denny and Bill as well. All three are usually at the Nats and Carlisle.

Also Control Freak suspension (www.freakride.com). This was used in the Mr Norm GSS Darts a few years ago. I have their front and rear suspensions but haven't finished the install yet.

-
Back