Whats the best torsion bar size to increase handling????

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Question:eek:n a 70 Dart what would be the advantages of having torsion bars bigger than original 340 bars. I have completely rebuilt the entire front end(orig. KH discs and factory sway bar) added good shocks all around, rear sway bar and want to upgrade the t bars. Frame connectors are in the works. I have changed directions on the building of the car from hot street to a dependable cruiser that handles very well. The motor is a 360 Magnum which should weigh very close to a 340. Would this be a case where bigger(bigger than 340 bars) is not always better?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Question:eek:n a 70 Dart what would be the advantages of having torsion bars bigger than original 340 bars. I have completely rebuilt the entire front end(orig. KH discs and factory sway bar) added good shocks all around, rear sway bar and want to upgrade the t bars. Frame connectors are in the works. I have changed directions on the building of the car from hot street to a dependable cruiser that handles very well. The motor is a 360 Magnum which should weigh very close to a 340. Would this be a case where bigger(bigger than 340 bars) is not always better?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1.00" or .99" Torsion bars are great for an increased handling that you will notice. No real downfall. But there will be a stiffer ride.

What "good shock" did you buy?

-
Back