Whats the diff in the glass, is this a vert door??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been taking 2 doors apart, as one of our Aussie members is interested in the tinted glass. The 2 doors themselves are diff, but I dont know how to tell f-back, notch or vert doors apart. I know the subtle differences like the lock knob position being different. One door I noticed has a rubber vent?? On the front part of the door jamb, as well it had another rubber vent on the lower rear inside part of the door. Is this a 68 vert door?? The door lock is located right at the back of the door. See pics #1 and 2.

Next question is in regards references the glass, one is pass side, the other is drivers side. They look both identical, the only diff is the one labelled drivers side has an extra hole drilled in it with the bolt and plastic piece in it. It is from the door in pic 3, pics 4 and 5 are the glass.

Can anyone share their knowledge:read2: ??

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF4282 (Medium).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF4283 (Medium).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF4298.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF4294.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF4296.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 229
First the steel, 67 doors are all the same FB, NB, and vert
The 68 door is the same for all 3 models too but the mounting and hardware for the vent window changed.
69 doors fit all 3 models, vent window mount and hardware same as 68 plus the moved the door lock button forward in 69.
I haven't seen a door that didn't have the same vents.One at inner lower with a color keyed grille, and one it the jamb with a flap.
Now for the glass
All were produced in clear or green tint.
The NB door glass has an arch at the top. It fits all 3 years but only the NB models.
The FB door glass has a straight line at the top and so does the vert glass. I'm told these are the same glass for both models or interchangeable at least but I can't testify to that.
The added hole in the one glass is a mystery to me. Could be a positive stop added at some point. It wouldn't make any difference though being down inside the door.

Lock position moved forward for 69 I know, 67 is back towards jam. Not sure about 68. If it is a convert door there is a little black plastic part in the lock jam above the door lock mech. to catch the extra brass lock mech that is for convertible only. Other doors would have the bosses stamped, just not drilled or the part installed. Not sure or glass, do they have chrysler marks on glass? Maybe one was busted and non oem glass installed.

Thanks RF and HP, I think I am getting more confused here!! No offense...I thought 69 the lock was back further?? The other door in the pic has no vents anywhere. I have part #'s for both vents and do you think I could find a pic of them in my parts book.....no frickin' way....man this is confusing..part# on lwr inside vent is 2811672 and the one in the jamb is 2811678. I dont want to crate these up and sell to our Aussie member and them not be right. I will take and post more pics of the other door that has no vents....

Memory not what it used to be, be the one picture you have showing the lock in the upper door frame looks farther forward than my 67. Might be the picture and the appearance, but it looks forward.

Don't want to confuse anyone, I am no expert!

Hey HP, sorry didnt mean to come off as pi$$ed off, just confused is all, but with me that is pretty easy to do. I appreciate all your input. As for the door pics, the pic of the door with the regulator removed and leaning against it, yes the lock is moved much further fwd than the turquoise door with the vents. Im going to get some more pics of the doors and post them. As for the inside lwr vent, the only other one I have seen that had that was a 68 vert.

Ok, heres some more pics, 1st 3 in this post are of the door that had the 2 vents in them, and the lock location right near the back of the door. It is a pass side door and is either a 67 or 68, but dont know if its fb, notch or vert.

The next 3 are of a ds door, notice their is no vents at all, as well the lock location is moved forward, so it is possibly a 69. I measured where the mirror mounts, as well as added a pic of the mirror for reference (last pic). The 1st screw hole for the mirror is approx. 17 1/2" from the front edge of door. Mirror is definitely different than my drivers side one(69 formula s) so maybe a difference in the mirror there???

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks 4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF4264 (Medium).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF4263 (Medium).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCF4262 (Medium).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF4266 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF4268 (Medium).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF4270 (Medium).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF4278 (Medium).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 171
Hey HP, sorry didnt mean to come off as pi$$ed off, just confused is all, but with me that is pretty easy to do. I appreciate all your input. As for the door pics, the pic of the door with the regulator removed and leaning against it, yes the lock is moved much further fwd than the turquoise door with the vents. Im going to get some more pics of the doors and post them. As for the inside lwr vent, the only other one I have seen that had that was a 68 vert.

No problem, it's all good, no offense taken! All my 67-68 doors had vents as you have shown, so maybe you have a 67-68 door and a 69 door.

No problem, it's all good, no offense taken! All my 67-68 doors had vents as you have shown, so maybe you have a 67-68 door and a 69 door.

Hey HP, you are saying all your 67-68 doors had the vent on the jamb?? What were your cars nb fb or vert??

Thanks for that link Lawrence, I remember trying to help with that thread, man is it ever frustrating!! I spoke to Pettybludart and his 68 fb has the vent on the lwr inside of the door, but DOES NOT have the vent in the jamb, lock location is the same as mine.

Hey HP, you are saying all your 67-68 doors had the vent on the jamb?? What were your cars nb fb or vert??

My doors had the vents, both. I HAD, just sold it, a 67 Knotch and when I raced it I had a set of 67 FB doors that were light. Both steel doors were the same.

My doors had the vents, both. I HAD, just sold it, a 67 Knotch and when I raced it I had a set of 67 FB doors that were light. Both steel doors were the same.

Weird, I only have one door that has the vent on the front jamb. It also has the lwr interior vent, so I believe its a 68 vert. My 69 vert door doesnt have the vent on the front jamb or the interior vent, but it has the brass/bronze block on the back jamb. Sometimes these things just make my head hurt!!

-
Back