whats the difference?

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 67-69 barracuda dash ash trays and steering column covers. I need both for my 67 and I only seam to find 69's for sale.

The 68 ashtray is the only different one. All the column covers are the same.

All the steering column covers are not the same. The 67 is narrower than the 68 and 69. I parted out a 67 and have the cover here for you if you need it. I was also parting out a 68 and had the 2 covers side by side and noticed the difference, which I was not aware of until then. Unfortunately, my son stepped on the 68 one and broke it, so I think I trashed it, but I'll check. If I find it, I'll photograph the 2 side by side so you can see the difference. Not sure about the ashtray though. The 67 cover I have is black if you need it, just P.M. me. Thanks, Geof

Well, I just happen to be a pack rat and I didn't throw out the column cover from the 68. Here are the 67 and 68 Cuda column covers side by side for your comparison. The black one is from the 67, the red one from the 68. I took both of them off personally. 67 was a notchback, 68 was a convertible, but I doubt that makes a difference. Geof

100_1024.jpg

100_1025.jpg

-
Back