What's this for?

-

canajien

Reaction score
I am currently replacing the gauge cluster in the Duster I brought home last year, nothing worked, with an autometer set, and sae this relay(?) with nothing connected, what's it for?

I've never seen a 2 prong/connector relay before, but that's what it looks like.

Thanks

IMG_20240614_095728278.jpg

All of these girls have two flashers, "somewhere." One is for turn signals, the other is for the hazard flashers

ahhh, hazard lights, explains why those never worked, I'll have another poke around and see if I can find something that matches, safe to assume it will be running up from the steering column?

thanks

ahhh, hazard lights, explains why those never worked, I'll have another poke around and see if I can find something that matches, safe to assume it will be running up from the steering column?

thanks
I'm working on this very same thing with one of my old Ford trucks right now, and Word to The Wise: If you need to actually hear the unit, don't leave the new one dangling under the dash, and/or zip tied to existing wires, as they need to be mounted on something metal in order for the "click" sound to resonate (is that the word I want?). The one in my truck looks almost exactly like yours, but I haven't looked for an OEM (square) replacement, as I'm not concerned with keeping this 100% original, so if you're like me and you install a 552 or 536 flasher/unit, you'll need to figure out a way/place to mount it.

If you want to hear it, that is.

Good luck!

where can i buy one of these emergency flashers?

Dana, quick question.... I cosmetically restored a 70 Duster rally dash and im going to put it in my 73 non rally dash Duster. The round flasher is present on the rally dash near the ash tray area and im guessing the signal stat would go in the square holder on the bracing where the steering column bolts up...im having trouble finding where the signal stat would get its power. There is one connector that isnt hooked up to any thing thats in the general area so that might be it, its a "T" shaped connector with 2 wires. One wire is white and one is black... i hope im making sense....any ideas...Rich

i think i figured it out... i just found 2 flasher units on my 70 rally dash... im assuming one is turn signal and the other is the 4 way flasher.....

I'm working on this very same thing with one of my old Ford trucks right now, and Word to The Wise: If you need to actually hear the unit, don't leave the new one dangling under the dash, and/or zip tied to existing wires, as they need to be mounted on something metal in order for the "click" sound to resonate (is that the word I want?). The one in my truck looks almost exactly like yours, but I haven't looked for an OEM (square) replacement, as I'm not concerned with keeping this 100% original, so if you're like me and you install a 552 or 536 flasher/unit, you'll need to figure out a way/place to mount it.

If you want to hear it, that is.

Good luck!
If you REALLY want to hear it, pop the cover off and rivet the metal body to an empty (washed) tuna can, snap the relay back in and leave it hang....

i think i figured it out... i just found 2 flasher units on my 70 rally dash... im assuming one is turn signal and the other is the 4 way flasher
Typically the turn signal flasher is round and the mount is the same as the e flasher but it slips into the pass side of the cig lighter holder

-
Back