What's This??

-

Dodgex2

Reaction score
75 /6 California emissions,

There is a steel line running along side the steel fuel line to the carb. On my car it is plugged. What is this, should it be plugged and where is it supposed to go? Thanks all, Matt

If it runs parallel the entire length, I bet its the vapor return line that came from a charcoal canister of some sort. Perfect for a EFI return line? Maybe too small...

Here's a pic. The screw driver is on the line in question. I can see nothing it should be attached to. Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• DSC01420.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 247
fuel return to the tank. the fuel filter should have three nipples on it.
according to chiltons: "some filters have a third line, the purpose of which is to pervent vapor lock by allowing fuel vapors to return to the tank"

fuel return to the tank. the fuel filter should have three nipples on it.
according to chiltons: "some filters have a third line, the purpose of which is to pervent vapor lock by allowing fuel vapors to return to the tank"

Awesome thanks, I guess I got the wrong filter for it. It was plugged when I got the car. Time to head to NAPA

I got the correct filter, thanks for the help I wonder why they would have plugged it?

Awesome thanks, I guess I got the wrong filter for it. It was plugged when I got the car. Time to head to NAPA

I got the correct filter, thanks for the help I wonder why they would have plugged it?

well be fore you do that make sure the other end still ends in the tank... that would suck to just have gas running on the ground lol...

well be fore you do that make sure the other end still ends in the tank... that would suck to just have gas running on the ground lol...

That's what I was expecting, Checked all around for leaks and good to go!

Because "they" probably decided it was a Mystery Hose that Hurts Performance:burnout:

-
Back