What's up with Classic and Legendary ..?

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like those companies fail...? Can it REALLY take that long for some carpet..? A dash pad..? Really...?? Headliners...?? Seat covers...?? Shouldn't they have templates, or CAD or programs that could produce these items in a timely manner..? The wait is ridiculous...!! Yep, I'm bitter..lol

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like those companies fail...? Can it REALLY take that long for some carpet..? A dash pad..? Really...?? Headliners...?? Seat covers...?? Shouldn't they have templates, or CAD or programs that could produce these items in a timely manner..? The wait is ridiculous...!! Yep, I'm bitter..lol
Yes you are bitter. Back off a bit and wait your turn. Everything is on backorder right now. Classic has got a big selection of parts as well as Legendary. They cant poop out a roll of carpet for you at the snap of a finger. Don't you think if they had what you need they would have already sent it to you?

I bought a dash pad from them before the pandemic and they shipped in reasonable time....

Now is not a good time for buying anything with all of the shortages going on....

Didn't they inform you of the wait time before you ordered?

Ya not a good time to complain. I just ordered wheels from American Racing. It took three weeks for them to tell me they could do a small bolt pattern in the wheel I wanted. Now, I have an 8-12 week wait to get them. That's life right now, "patience is a virtue."

The supply chain is a shambles right now, raw materials are in short supply. They can't cut & mold a carpet if they can't get the raw carpet- they don't run a carpet mill. If they settled for what they can get, you'd be disappointed in the quality/accuracy.
It's the same with things all across the board. Tune up parts, cams, vinyl products... Hell, have you priced lumber lately? I've had stuff backordered for five months already. Doesn't matter where its origin is- Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, China... international commerce is a crapshoot for the forseeable future. I give the businesses credit for hanging in there and not throwing up their hands and locking the doors. Support them, times are rough for everybody.

I questioned why Legendary, didn't keep a small supply of things like black seat covers and black carpet for darts etc. The replied that they do not have enough wherehouse space to stock one of everything and they make them to order. So the timeline is what it is. If you want to blame someone blame NY state and the city county they are in for making it impossible to run a business during covid. I am sure if each business had been given a set of common sense guidelines they could have complied and not gotten so far behind.

You think they care about Darts when they are Chevelle and Camaro Owners by the dozen out there?

I used to work across the river from Legendary in upstate NY and they are good people. I am sure they are doing their best under the lockdown circumstances. like an earlier poster said, the supply chain is a mess. I do get tired of everything getting blamed on Covid, but I seriously doubt Legendary would ever be guilty of that. Patience is a virtue, and in our Keurig, microwave, drive through, Fedex overnight, Amazon next day world, patience is a forgotten character trait. I hope you get your stuff soon.

Yes you are bitter. Back off a bit and wait your turn. Everything is on backorder right now. Classic has got a big selection of parts as well as Legendary. They cant poop out a roll of carpet for you at the snap of a finger. Don't you think if they had what you need they would have already sent it to you?
I AM waiting my turn... Back off a bit...??? lol.
I'm not looking for anyone to "poop" out a roll of carpet at the snap of a finger, but 10 weeks...????
Just simply asking questions here... Like the process seems to be slower, a lot slower than it could or should be... Maybe my heading is a bit harsh or jumping the gun, so to speak, or misrepresents my real concern...
I'll change it. Back off a bit...???? lol

I questioned why Legendary, didn't keep a small supply of things like black seat covers and black carpet for darts etc. The replied that they do not have enough wherehouse space to stock one of everything and they make them to order. So the timeline is what it is. If you want to blame someone blame NY state and the city county they are in for making it impossible to run a business during covid. I am sure if each business had been given a set of common sense guidelines they could have complied and not gotten so far behind.
Right on to that...!!!!

I used to work across the river from Legendary in upstate NY and they are good people. I am sure they are doing their best under the lockdown circumstances. like an earlier poster said, the supply chain is a mess. I do get tired of everything getting blamed on Covid, but I seriously doubt Legendary would ever be guilty of that. Patience is a virtue, and in our Keurig, microwave, drive through, Fedex overnight, Amazon next day world, patience is a forgotten character trait. I hope you get your stuff soon.

Completely agree, I / we have become spoiled with the normally, super fast delivery of just about anything we want. I will wait, and probably be even that much more grateful when my "stuff" does finally filter in. Just having a moment right now because I spent almost 30 minutes on hold to be told my stuff isn't being shipped in the time they told me it would be and couldn't offer any time frame.

I'm not looking for anyone to "poop" out a roll of carpet at the snap of a finger, but 10 weeks...????
Just simply asking questions here... Like the process seems to be slower, a lot slower than it could or should be... Maybe my heading is a bit harsh or jumping the gun, so to speak, or misrepresents my real concern...
Yep, circumstances beyond our control.

The supply chain is a shambles right now, raw materials are in short supply. They can't cut & mold a carpet if they can't get the raw carpet- they don't run a carpet mill. If they settled for what they can get, you'd be disappointed in the quality/accuracy.
It's the same with things all across the board. Tune up parts, cams, vinyl products... Hell, have you priced lumber lately? I've had stuff backordered for five months already. Doesn't matter where its origin is- Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, China... international commerce is a crapshoot for the forseeable future. I give the businesses credit for hanging in there and not throwing up their hands and locking the doors. Support them, times are rough for everybody.

You're right.. !

I ordered upholstery from legendary in March. I was basically told it would be ready in August, so I wait. If it gets to Dec or Jan Ill be a little upset. I think they are backed up due to shutdowns and I am just a name on a list, its made to order, its good stuff so ill wait

Have you tried ACC? If you order carpet from SMS, you get an ACC box shipped from ACC! And it is quick, definitely not 10 weeks.

Sounds like what I'm going through with Firm Feel right now.
Ordered a rear sway bar. Was told 4 weeks. Sounded reasonable, so I went ahead with it. 4 weeks came and I called, was told it's gonna be another 3 weeks. Well, at that point, I can't do much about it so said okay.
3 weeks passed, I called again. Was told it's gonna be 2 more weeks. 2 more weeks passed and I noticed that they had taken the payment from my account. I thought great, that means it's shipping/shipped! A week later, no sway bar, so I call back. Again, was told 2 more weeks! Just insane.
Next Tuesday will be 12 weeks. Seems to me they shouldn't be taking my money before it's ready to ship.
Each time I called they did thank me for my patience though. So that's something, I guess.
I hope & pray they don't accidentally send me an E body sway bar and I have to go through this all again!

Talked to a friend today that has been waiting almost a year for some race pistons and another that waited 3 months for Cometic MLS head gaskets in his size. Backorders and delays are real out there right now.

Last edited:
I live 25 miles from Legendary and I'm going to pick up my headliner and carpet myself. They told me 4 to 6 weeks. It's been around 4.

I live 25 miles from Legendary and I'm going to pick up my headliner and carpet myself. They told me 4 to 6 weeks. It's been around 4.

Did you order the hardboard headliner? Once you get it let me know how the quality is.

-
Back