What's your favorite carb, why?

-
Quick Fuel 850 since putting on my stroker and 360 i've had ZERO problems..best damn carb....now worst would be the piece of crap demon carb...

600 Holley Double Pumper....Its the only carb I have ever bought and put on a car...works great, I tinkered with it a bit, but that was basically to learn how a carb works and what different adjustments will do....

To think of it I believe its the first carberated car I have driven, definately the first I have owned...

This one http://www.holley.com/0-80528-1.asp

4150HP 750 DP

I have never had such great success with any carb as I have with this one. I've had different Holleys and Eddys but this one is just perfect.

4150 Carb 002.jpg

4150 Carb 004.jpg

Quick Fuel 750-850's. I have had them on a few cars and never had a problem.

No clear cut fav. , though ....
On he street, AVS's, tuneable secondary door, stays in tune, easy to tune. Jet it set it for get it.
T-Q's I like alot. A little harder for me to tune in. Need practice and materials. Same idea as the AVS
On more agressive engines, I also like the Holley DP carbs alot.

Well I'm going to be the desenting voice cuss I used a Demon 750 on this build and like it alot. Out of the box a little rich, 1 set of jets and haven't touched it since and ya gotto love the bowl level sight glasses and no there weren't any fillings in the bowls from the factory so I beat ya all to the punch.

Terry

annular booster holley hp that is one bad *** carb. expensive but works real good. contrary to popular belief that they suck for street use. made grteat power, and had excelent idle quality and cruising. so it seemd to use a lot more gas....

Holley's are my favorite and am presently running a 650 DP with a Quick Fuel base. That base is a stunning piece of machine work.

I like Holleys because I know them and they are what I'm comfortable with. I'd try out a Quick Fuel as they should pretty much the same as a Holley tuning-wise with the exception of some superb machine work.

Annular boosters are key to good driveability and allow you to get away with a larger than recommended carb. I believe that they atomize the fuel better (finer droplets) as well as pull fuel sooner.

I like Holley 4bbls for race but like AFB's/ eddies for street drivers ince they never need tuning after set up.
I had one on my 340 in the 71 challenger with eletric choke for the wife ease of use.Since it was here everyday car with a/c
but i like six packs for wow factor

2840886-340SIX.jpg

-
Back