Wheel and Tire size reomendations for 4 wheel disc conversion

-
Reaction score
Looking for advice on wheel/tire set up for my 69 project Barracuda as I need to get it off of blocks and back to work on this thing! I would like preferably 16" or 17" wheels like on this black beauty here, also plan similar stance, a little more drop in the front though.. So what wheel and tire sizes with proper offsets would I be looking at? It has been converted to 4 wheel disc with 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, other pic is of mine before returning the loaner wheels....Would love input, and pics of your set ups...Thanks in advance!

Bonniebackhome2.jpg

blackbarracuda.jpg

What brake kits did you do the BBP conversion with?

Stage 2 kits from DR DIFF

With a 16" wheel you'd probably be best staying with a 16x7 and 4.25 to 4.5" of backspace. You might be able to get a little more than that but it may end up being dependent on the rim design. A 225 wide tire would still be about the max width, maybe a 235 if you go 4.5" of backspace. With a Barracuda you'll need to keep the height under 26" unless you want to modify the lower front corner of the fender.

With a 17" rim you can go up to a 17x8 and about 5.6" of backspace, after that the outer tie rod end can become an issue. If you keep the backspace between 5.25" and 5.6" anything up to a 245/45/17 should fit pretty easily.

In the back I forgot to ask which rear axle you actually have. If its an A-body width 8 3/4 with BBP axles and disk brakes and the factory spring locations you should be able to fit up a 275 wide tire with the proper backspacing. 16x9 or 17x9, backspace should be around 5.25" to 5.5". If it's not an A-body width 8 3/4 then the backspace would be different.

With a 16" wheel you'd probably be best staying with a 16x7 and 4.25 to 4.5" of backspace. You might be able to get a little more than that but it may end up being dependent on the rim design. A 225 wide tire would still be about the max width, maybe a 235 if you go 4.5" of backspace. With a Barracuda you'll need to keep the height under 26" unless you want to modify the lower front corner of the fender.

With a 17" rim you can go up to a 17x8 and about 5.6" of backspace, after that the outer tie rod end can become an issue. If you keep the backspace between 5.25" and 5.6" anything up to a 245/45/17 should fit pretty easily.

In the back I forgot to ask which rear axle you actually have. If its an A-body width 8 3/4 with BBP axles and disk brakes and the factory spring locations you should be able to fit up a 275 wide tire with the proper backspacing. 16x9 or 17x9, backspace should be around 5.25" to 5.5". If it's not an A-body width 8 3/4 then the backspace would be different.

-
Back