Wheel Bolt Patterns

-

dICKj

Reaction score
Did any 1974, V8 Dusters come with 5 on 4 bolt patterns, or was the 5 on 4.5 standard by then? Is anybody running 235R70x15 tires on a Duster.
DickJ

At least slant cars with drum brakes were small pattern, I have a 74. I don't know for sure about V8's "I thought" I junked one that was 4.5"

‘73+ cars were only SBP if they had 4 wheel drum brakes. All of the V8 cars had front disks standard starting in ‘73, and the disk/drum cars were all 5x4.5” ‘73+. So only the /6 cars could have the 5x4” pattern. On top of that, there were several options that also triggered the front disks, so not even all the /6 cars were SBP. And of course the front disks were an option themselves. My ‘74 /6 Duster had factory front disks and the 5x4.5” pattern, the disks were pretty much that only option on it.

But, if you had no-frills /6 car it would have come standard with 4 wheel drums and the 5x4” pattern all the way up to January 1976 when the federal mandate for front disk brakes kicked in. So from there they were all BBP.

As an FYI too, if you find a 73 up SBP car with finned 10" drums in the junky, it uses the 73-76 upper A arms with the larger K772 ball joint. Those are worth grabbing. A local circle track guy out by me grabbed up all the stock A body LBJ upper arms to destroy on the dirt track. He passed over a 74 valiant SBP drum brake car. It had the 10" finned drums. I guess he didnt know and thought they were SBJ arms. I knew and grabbed the upper arms off it for my sons 69 cuda brake conversion that uses M body spindles and cordoba brakes

I've seen circle track guys hauling out wheelbarrows full of F/M/J UCAs and spindles as well.

-
Back