When TV still was great

-
Gotta love the crap suspenion and drum brakes on those old bikes.

I often joke, remember when the TV picture was crappy, small, and snowy and the speakers were large and the audio was GREAT?

Now we have big, clear great picture, and crappy, lousy, tiny speakers and I CAN'T HEAR THEM!!

I often joke, remember when the TV picture was crappy, small, and snowy and the speakers were large and the audio was GREAT?

Now we have big, clear great picture, and crappy, lousy, tiny speakers and I CAN'T HEAR THEM!!
Might be cause we went half deaf !!!!:poke:

I am getting pretty hard of hearing, but if we still had the audio systems AKA like in our old Zenith console, I would not have any problems. My current TV has two speakers about 1 1/2" X 3" that point straight down. I actually "got into" it and tapped RCA jacks into the speaker connections, WHICH ARE NOT at ground potential. So I had to use series caps for DC isolation, and two old audio transformers to output some audio---then connected THOSE to an off brand sound bar

THIS IS ALL BECUZ the digital output and the line output are fixed level, and not controlled by the remote. So I set the sound bar volume "pre set" and with the speakers tap deal, I can still control "heard" volume with the remote.

True that. I scrapped out a couple old tv's and hooked the speakers to the stereo in my car. Wow, what a sound. A friens=d got in and put his foot through the cone and that wa it. Back to the 6x9's. :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:

I am getting pretty hard of hearing, but if we still had the audio systems AKA like in our old Zenith console, I would not have any problems. My current TV has two speakers about 1 1/2" X 3" that point straight down. I actually "got into" it and tapped RCA jacks into the speaker connections, WHICH ARE NOT at ground potential. So I had to use series caps for DC isolation, and two old audio transformers to output some audio---then connected THOSE to an off brand sound bar

THIS IS ALL BECUZ the digital output and the line output are fixed level, and not controlled by the remote. So I set the sound bar volume "pre set" and with the speakers tap deal, I can still control "heard" volume with the remote.

the things we do to hear
in our previous house we had surround sound, with the main speaker right below the TV
all the dialogue comes through that one speaker

which is great if there is zero interference between the TV (on the wall on one end of the room) and me on the couch (total opposite side of the room)
which, with 3 kids, was always loud and full

so i installed a switch that switched between speaker 1 and speaker 2, and installed a 2nd main speaker on the wall above the couch

made the TV quite a bit easier to follow

Thank goodness for closed captioning. I spent 24 years with FDNY listening to air horns and sirens almost 24 hours a day. To say I'm deaf is putting it mildly. The audiologist said I don't think hearing aids will help you. I did get them and usually just wear them watching TV.

-
Back