Where can I get paint for my dash panel

-

trebor75

Reaction score
I'd like to repaint my dash panel (unsure if I use the right English here), I mean the metal part. Not the vinyl on top. My fender tag tells me this:

FF4 Paint Code: Lime Green Metallic / Lime Green Irid
L4F8
Trim Grade/Style/Color
L = Low
4 = Vinyl Split Bench w/ Center Armrest
F8 = Green <--- Would it be this paint I need to go looking for? Anyone know where I can get this in a spray can?
EF8 Upper Door Frame: Dark Green Metallic

IMG_6210.JPG

Matching that paint color will be very difficult.
It is even difficult here in the USA.
I think the best you can do is get close to it.
I also think paint you may get in a spray can will not be as hard as automotive paint.
Depending on how much work you want to do will determine your choice.
I have tried to use spray cans and was not happy. I could discolor it with my finger nail.
I then used automotive paint with hardener with better results.
Someone makes spray paint in cans for interior colors. I can't remember who.
Someone will know.
Here is a thread I found that may help you understand.

GG1 Racing green question.....

Matching that paint color will be very difficult.
It is even difficult here in the USA.
I think the best you can do is get close to it.
I also think paint you may get in a spray can will not be as hard as automotive paint.
Depending on how much work you want to do will determine your choice.
I have tried to use spray cans and was not happy. I could discolor it with my finger nail.
I then used automotive paint with hardener with better results.
Someone makes spray paint in cans for interior colors. I can't remember who.
Someone will know.
Here is a thread I found that may help you understand.

GG1 Racing green question.....
Thank you. That link was very informative. I was hoping to get as close as a match possible and then sand, prime and paint the whole panel. I just can't seem to find any codes for that interior paint, I've been googling a lot. But I also not really know the terminology when it comes to paint. Maybe that's why I come up short.

You are coming up short because it's a 40 year old paint code. :D

I realise that :) But seeing how big the market for parts and paint is I thought I would be able to find it.

And you may do just that.
You are off to a good start by asking here.:D

One option... The dash has a suede finish, no gloss.
The column door is a 4 screws easy sample. If take it to your local SEM dealer, They probably can custom mix a quart. This is how I got the 67 model reds.
SEM product is made for vinyl and plastics but it will work on metal too. Its a lacquer base, does dry with a low gloss. Just dry spray the final coat, and don't forget to paint both vents and column cover so a slight mis-match wont show.

Thanks! With help from here I now even have alternatives :)
I was going to suggest Herb's also! I haven't personally used their paint, but have met a fellow FABO member 1969383S locally who has and his interior colors look perfect. He was also very knowledgeable about how to get the paint texture too. I plan on using Herb's when I get ready to do my interior. Good luck on your project!

chrysler corp used lacquer on interior parts like the dash , i've found spray cans , and primer and colors . just must spray it dry to get that texture and low to no gross . bought them at an automotive paint supplier .

-
Back