Where does the reverse light harness plug into an a833

-

Sirsmiley9

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find where the prongs actually plug into the transmission, because when I got this I discovered they were just unplugged and I’d rather plug them in while I’m down here

I cannot seem to find where the prongs actually plug into the transmission, because when I got this I discovered they were just unplugged and I’d rather plug them in while I’m down here
I looked up on a search engine for a A833 trans cutaway image and found it is behind the bolted cover by the tail housing on the main body.
There should be a threaded connector for the plug in

Lower drivers side of the trans just behind the side cover. If it’s all crusty you may have to clean a bit to find the male prongs for the plug. Swingn’

Right here?

image.jpg

Yep, that is where the switch threads in. Hopefully that plug they used is the proper thread. Switches were the same for a long time and available at most (Decent) auto parts stores.you will lose the oil so be ready and quick or drain the trans first.Swingn’
Ahh I’ll see if I can find one near me tomorrow it’s got no oil in it now but I might just pass on it then cause I’ve got more important jobs to do rn. Thank you though I definitely wouldn’t have found it

Ahh I’ll see if I can find one near me tomorrow it’s got no oil in it now but I might just pass on it then cause I’ve got more important jobs to do rn. Thank you though I definitely wouldn’t have found it
10-4...

Is that an aluminum case? Where did you get this gearbox? Was it used in a GM application?

This is one rendition of a GM/ A833 OD application. These came with Mopar input/ bolt pattern, and used a bellhousing adapter, they came with Mopar bolt pattern and short GM input shaft, and they came as here, with a GM bolt pattern and input shaft. They WERE ALSO put into a few Chev 1/2T 4x4's with a married transfer case!!! The point is some of these DID NOT use a Mopar style reverse switch

post-11862-0-10907700-1441589275.jpg

Last edited:
what’s that piece coming from the cover bolt going to the switch? Assuming a ground?

Northern Grit is correct. That's kind of an optical illusion. That piece does not contact the switch at all. It bends into a loop to hold the wiring in place. In the pic it has been bent open.

-
Back