Where to buy 426 stroker? Recommendations?

-

LionelR

Reaction score
I am looking to buy my engine, transmission and associated parts in the USA and import them here to me back in Australia. And while the interwebby thing is a great start to seeing what's out there, I believe personal experience and recommendations provide a more accurate picture. So, where to buy fully dressed 426 crate motor, Tremec Magnum six speed and all the bits in between. I'm also going from auto to manual, so will need clutch pedal. Wiring harness, front accessory drive, air-con kit all needed if not already included. EFI engine, not carburettor. Thanks all!

I am looking to buy my engine, transmission and associated parts in the USA and import them here to me back in Australia. And while the interwebby thing is a great start to seeing what's out there, I believe personal experience and recommendations provide a more accurate picture. So, where to buy fully dressed 426 crate motor, Tremec Magnum six speed and all the bits in between. I'm also going from auto to manual, so will need clutch pedal. Wiring harness, front accessory drive, air-con kit all needed if not already included. EFI engine, not carburettor. Thanks all!
what engine platform are you looking for?

Clutch pedals, linkage, and bellhousing for that matter; I'm guessing you'll have to source locally. Those kind of bits for RHD cars are non-existent over here... although I suppose a left-hand bellhousing and hydraulic linkage could free up valuable space on the right hand side for you- nonetheless it's something to keep in mind, especially when it comes to header fitment. I'm relatively certain LHD pedals won't fit.
You'll have to get creative with an A/C kit from here, too. Your heater box and dash are reversed from ours; you may end up being better off sourcing that locally, too.
Many of our transmission kits are going to offset the shifter to the left hand side of the tunnel to conform with US production cars, which could be an awkward issue in a RHD car. The Tremecs have multiple shifter positions, so you should be able to find something that works, just be aware of the shifter positioning difference in some U.S. A body "bolt-in" kits. Here's a pic of a TKO setup to illustrate what I mean:
1719629942405.png

Last edited:
Tremec Magnum six speed and all the bits in between.
Here’s the place I bought my Tremec TKX 5 speed from with excellent customer service.

-
Back