where to purchase template to drill flywheel

-

Cythomas

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can purchase the template for a machine shop to drill my flywheel. removing 727 to a a833 4 speed Thanks

You drill wherever necessary as long as it's not on the friction surface.

flywheel.jpg

Because 360's are externally balanced you should probably have a 360 flywheel. They may look like this.

360 flywheel.jpg

As stated, get the correct flywheel for you application. i.e. internally or externally balanced. Trying to drill for externally balanced engine will be a disaster.

As stated, get the correct flywheel for you application. i.e. internally or externally balanced. Trying to drill for externally balanced engine will be a disaster.
So I have 360 which is external balance can help me which flywheel I should purchase. Very new too this just learning. Thanks

We need more information, clutch disc size, is bell housing correct for the flywheel & transmission? There are a lot of variables that can figure into the swap over.

Don't take this the wrong way but switching a car over from a auto to a stick is not for the feint of heart. Not a easy task.

TMM, I was waiting for that comment. LOL You are 100% correct, not for the feint of heart.

Mopar Performance made templates to drill flywheels for whichever one you needed to drill, but GOOD LUCK finding that. Call Brewer's Performance. Maybe they can help you.

Last edited:
If it’s not drilled to accept input shaft you can use a bearing from a Dakota and drive into the flange but the downside is you’ll have to cut a bit off your input shaft.I did it with no problems

Passenger car would use 10.5" flywheel. We have new flywheels for the 360 LA, or can balance your FW if it's currently neutral.
If you have questions contact me through the website.

Passenger car would use 10.5" flywheel. We have new flywheels for the 360 LA, or can balance your FW if it's currently neutral.
If you have questions contact me through the website.
Dan thank you so much, I will be in touch and be making a purchase

In order to properly balance any rotating component the balance amount and location should be determined on a calibrated balancer. If not, your guessing. 65"

I took my 408 rotating assembly and had all of that balanced internally. That whole external balance add a weight to the torque converter, special balancer, drilled flywheel bullshit, is just that. Bullshit ! I would do the same with a 360 rotating assembly since that makes **** a whole hell of a lot easier from a parts standpoint.

-
Back