which bolts to undo?

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
72 duster header install ive only worked on spool mounts on my demon, the duster has biscuit style, which nuts/bolts should i undo, engine ears or bigger ones to k-frame?

The bottom bolts on the biscuits are probably the easiest to get at since they face toward the outside of the car.
It's a straight shot with an extension and deep socket from just under the front of the tires. (about 2 min for both sides)

The top ones are not too bad except you have very little room to turn them very much at a time, and kind of the same for the bracket to block bolts.

^^Yes. My recollection is you have to reach up in with a box end and undo them a bit at a time. Not that difficult. You are going to want to allow for raising the engine a fair amount. That is if automatic, you might have linkage / kickdown problems might have to remove some of that. Drain and remove the radiator. They are no fun

Patience, and NO BEER lol

this (quoted below) - at least on mine they are a breeze to get at.. I was able to get the deep well on there with an extension and used my impact - boom, done.
The bottom bolts on the biscuits are probably the easiest to get at since they face toward the outside of the car.
It's a straight shot with an extension and deep socket from just under the front of the tires. (about 2 min for both sides)

thanks guys, kind of what i was figgerin, its nice hear from others who've done it before. and yes, no beers til job is done, i've "learned" that lesson!

beer just gives you some short breaks while working... :D ya ain't supposed to drink a 6 pack first! LOL :twisted:

Rubber biscuit....

[ame]https://youtu.be/XhAdzzYSKfY[/ame]

-
Back