Which Brake booster - Willwood MC

-

Solid_Brass

Reaction score
71 Duster - Previous owner put an 8 3/4 rear with disc front and rear. Rear discs I think are a Leed kit. Front I think might be disc parts he sourced from 73 and up. He mentioned he went with the large bolt patern hubs for a better wheel selection. Also have a Willwood master cylinder w/proportioning valve (1in bore). Since I still have to install the Willwood MC, figure I would put a brake booster on it too. I am unsure which booster to get since the stock MC has a 4 bolt pattern, and the Willwood has 2. Do I get just the Mopar brake booster bracket and a universal booster?

Brake 1.jpg

Brake 2.jpg

Brake 3.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the setup I went with. Worked with Wilwood for booster recommendations.

Speedway 8 in. Dual Universal Power Booster in Black Powder Coat Part # 91664079
Wilwood 261-13270-BK Alum. Tandem Master Cylinder Kit w/Bracket/Valve Part # 26113270-BLK

MC Booster.jpg

Why not run manual disc brakes? I'm running Wilwood discs on all 4 corners of my 10 second bracket car with excellent results.

I really don't remember, it's been on the car since 2009 with no problems. I was even able to make the next to the last turn off at a track by me that has a very SHORT shutdown area.

Here is the setup I went with. Worked with Wilwood for booster recommendations.

Speedway 8 in. Dual Universal Power Booster in Black Powder Coat Part # 91664079
Wilwood 261-13270-BK Alum. Tandem Master Cylinder Kit w/Bracket/Valve Part # 26113270-BLK

View attachment 1715717816

Adamm, What Booster bracket you running?

Why not run manual disc brakes? I'm running Wilwood discs on all 4 corners of my 10 second bracket car with excellent results.

I like not having to hammer down real hard in order to stop. Plus it will make it easier for other family members to drive who arn't used to manual brakes.

Last edited:
-
Back