which intake? hyperpack or short clifford?

-
Reaction score
I have a clifford 4brl shorty intake .
A guy wants to trade a clifford hyperpack intake for it.

the plan is to build a nice torqy 225 for my wife's 62 valiant aluminum block and i don't wanna have be finicky with the cold weather.

which is gonna work better? the cam is probably gonna be the 252 comp maybe 262.

I have used the Clifford intake with nice results.I attached a 390 Holley. The hyperpak is way longer and it will definitely be a problem with cold weather. You could make a waterbox to attach to the bottom for heat, with some home fabrication. Of course the hyperpak looks cooler and retains a higher value. If it didn't work for you, then you could sell it for a profit and buy a water heated Clifford unit. I see that Clifford also now sells a 1.6 ratio rocker assembly, way cool.

I went to pick and pull and took the throttle off a aries K car with a four cylinder front wheel drive car and got the throttle adapter at kragan auto .
Went like a bat out of hell for a slant six. even decent gas milage about the same as the one barrel as long as you didn't stick your foot into it evry chance you get . I took these shot's for the guy I sold the inatke to for $400 buck . They take orders for them but need like ten orders before they will have them made . The shorty is probablly worth $200?
IMG_0778.jpg
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg
Hey for my two cents, I ran a hyperpack on my .30 over stock cam 225 slant for nine years. I didn't even run a choke . Of course I live in northern Cal and it does get cold but never had an issue with cold weather. Just warm it up as normal I think it had a four barrel hyperpack header with dual exhuast off the header, dual flow master . Most poeple could not tell standing at the rear of the car while it was running that it wan not a v8 .

I went to pick and pull and took the throttle off a aries K car with a four cylinder front wheel drive car and got the throttle adapter at kragan auto .
Went like a bat out of hell for a slant six. even decent gas milage about the same as the one barrel as long as you didn't stick your foot into it evry chance you get . I took these shot's for the guy I sold the inatke to for $400 buck . They take orders for them but need like ten orders before they will have them made . The shorty is probablly worth $200?
IMG_0778.jpg
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg

Your carb looks nasty inside. Is there some reversion going on there, or back fires through the carb?

I think I'm just gonna keep the 4 brl shorty clifford, get headers, 262*cam, 390 holley, use the big valves that I have and mill .080 off the head.
I'll use a 2200 stall convertor and 7 1/4 w/3.55 gear or.. 3.23 if I use the extra 8 3/4 a body rear I have.

That would be back fires through the carb I think there was a burn valve ? Not much compression in #6 cylinder .Still ran smooth down the freeway but would jump around pretty good when sitting at a light . Ow well it's long gone !

Trade for the HP intake, sell it, and buy an Offy. Much better intake for the street than either of your present choices.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, right...

They're stock 1.5 rockers. Don't waste your money.

Do your homework; Check out the webpage before you assume anything. Cliffordperformance.com I'm sure Jack wouldn't be selling 1.5's for that price.
I don't think that I'm imagining what I see.

Do your homework; Check out the webpage before you assume anything. Cliffordperformance.com I'm sure Jack wouldn't be selling 1.5's for that price.
I don't think that I'm imagining what I see.

You would be wrong. Jack's been dead for years. The guy running the place now will sell his mother if the price is right.

Trade for the HP intake, sell it, and buy an Offy. Much better intake for the street than either of your present choices.

You should seriously consider this option. You would be much happier in the end.

Also, If you haven't bought your cam yet, you may want to check out the Erson slant six cams. I don't have one, but it seems folks are very happy with them. I've read a few comments here and there about some problems with the comps having to do with the oiling passages (?)

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21400&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=255

The only performance cam I ever used in a slant was the 268* .460 lift with the 'dumb bell' lifters lke old 273's, worked real good but a lil on the lumpy side for my wifes automatic car, not to say it was really a big cam...

You would be wrong. Jack's been dead for years. The guy running the place now will sell his mother if the price is right.

I'd be wrong about what I see??? I'm sure you have first hand knowledge about the guy running the show, Right?? You practically know the guy. All I was offering is some useful info about extra add-ons for the Slant. I've purchased many items from CliffordP over the years and I gotta say, they delivered as promised on time, always. Not sure why everyone is bad mouthing the business.

I have a clifford 4brl shorty intake .
A guy wants to trade a clifford hyperpack intake for it.

the plan is to build a nice torqy 225 for my wife's 62 valiant aluminum block and i don't wanna have be finicky with the cold weather.

which is gonna work better? the cam is probably gonna be the 252 comp maybe 262.

Given that you already have the shorty, that's probably the best choice for your application. The HyperPak looks cool and runs cool, too. Or maybe that's runs too cool. Wife, cold weather, temperamental car is not a good mix. Unless she wants the power and understands the finicky nature of high performance engines, I'd keep the thing as reliable as gravity. That my 2¢ worth.

I'd be wrong about what I see??? I'm sure you have first hand knowledge about the guy running the show, Right?? You practically know the guy. All I was offering is some useful info about extra add-ons for the Slant. I've purchased many items from CliffordP over the years and I gotta say, they delivered as promised on time, always. Not sure why everyone is bad mouthing the business.

Have you bought anything recently?

Their customer service flat out sucks. They only stock the really fast moving parts, the rest they take orders on and will charge your card even though they claim they won't. You will get your parts whenever they get enough orders to make a full run. Until then they have your money and will give you a different excuse every time you call to ask about your parts. You think I'm kidding? I did a motor for a buddy of mine. He wanted a polished Clifford valve cover. He would not take the new Offy cover I had. It took 7 months for Clifford to get him his cover, and it was on his card the day he ordered it. The cover is identical to my Offy except for the Clifford name where it should say Offenhauser. It was only $80 more than I wanted for the Offy too. Oh yeah, Clifford covers are normally wrinkle black. Instead of polishing a bare cover they coated it, then stripped the coating and did a half-*** job of polishing it. It looks like crap.

They only make two good Slant items that cannot be purchased elsewhere for less money. One is the 4500 intake, the other is headers for an early A body. Both turn up on the Internet for sale often enough that you should never have to buy new anyway.

The only way I would buy from Clifford is IF I could walk in the store and see the parts with my own eyes before I paid them.

I TOO would NEVER deal with Clifford....Its like doing business with Layson...
I have had too many close friends get burned by both companys for me to EVER send either one a dime.
Frank

I walked into cliffords when t was off the 79 in temecula and bought some stuff, sat and talked with what his name, jacks been dead 4 sum time now, anyways..he gave me the tour and showed me the new proto type fuel injection stuff $3,800$.
I asked him what was up with the high prices? I told him cost makes it less attractive to hop up a 6. he was basically saying, ''hey, no one else makes this sht, so yeah it's gonna cost you.''

-
Back