Who has the fastest /6 here

-
Even when I get mine done,with my phat azz it will never be fast !!!There are some mighty sweet slants among these pages,it would be awesome to be able to get everyone together to view the eye candy in person !! :love4::love4:

Even when I get mine done,with my phat azz it will never be fast !!!There are some mighty sweet slants among these pages,it would be awesome to be able to get everyone together to view the eye candy in person !! :love4::love4:
yes it would be cool to have a slant meet

Mark does. He's set the A anb B gas records and is going after the C. He runs under 11.50 in a naturally aspirated slant.

nice do we have one in the 10s here yet ?

I don't think so. Not naturally aspirated. There are some in the nines I believe that are blown and with nitrous, etc. Maybe faster.

check out slantsix.org, it's another very good forum-- .
then youtube (cameron tilley), Lawrence

Mine will reach terminal velocity......

when it is tossed out of a helicopter.....

My slant is kind of like the last Veggietales movie (can you tell I have a young child?). It's the Barracuda who doesn't do anything. It just sits in its garage, waiting on the current owner to finally let her go. Meanwhile, I'm on here trying to learn all I can and waiting on the phonecall telling me to come and get her.

By the way, DD, how's the knee coming along?

My slant is kind of like the last Veggietales movie (can you tell I have a young child?). It's the Barracuda who doesn't do anything. It just sits in its garage, waiting on the current owner to finally let her go. Meanwhile, I'm on here trying to learn all I can and waiting on the phonecall telling me to come and get her.

By the way, DD, how's the knee coming along?

my knees filling lots better i was going to post pics but was told that some mite not want to see it lol im going to try to get back out there on my bcuda soon but i dont want to push it as some one keeps telling me lol how are u doing ?

I do! I tortured everyone with what a calf looks like after a half ton spring goes into it, sure want to see a knee! :D

my knees filling lots better i was going to post pics but was told that some mite not want to see it lol im going to try to get back out there on my bcuda soon but i dont want to push it as some one keeps telling me lol how are u doing ?

Post um up. I love carnage.....just put a disclaimer in the title. LOL

well for NA race car Mark has it @ 11.43 @ i think 115mph

the turbo/boost cars are in the 9's...

im only in the 14's right now but the 4.88's and slicks will fix that...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZstyQMWmWU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZstyQMWmWU[/ame]

Sorry for jacking the thread :) Keep them /6's coming, my interest is piqued!

Who has the fastest /6 here ?not trying to start nothing was just thinking bout it so post what u got

I think Ryan Peterson's '66 Valiant with a turbocharged 225 is the fastest A Body on FABO, at 10.67 @ 127 mph, while Mark's '62 Valiant 225 is the fastest and quickest normally aspirated car, at 11.40's and 115 mph.

So, as a rough estimate, it looks like a turbo is worth about a full second and 10 mph trap speed on these cars.

That is a VERY rough estimate.... VERY rough.:newb:

.....and considering that no one (to my knowledge at least) has put a "race bred" turbo one on yet, that's damn fast for a turbo car.

.....and considering that no one (to my knowledge at least) has put a "race bred" turbo one on yet, that's damn fast for a turbo car.

I agree; that's amazing for a car that has a "hook factor" that has a lot of room for improvement, and chassis science that leaves a lot to be desired.

I am totally blown away by these facts that all point to BIG improvements in Ryan's car, when he's had the time and opportunty to fine tune this animal.

For example, he uses a 727 Torqueflite, which might be costing him up to two tenths, compared with a lighter, easier-to-spin, 904. A Powerglide MIGHT be quicker, yet. Their lesser 1.76 first gear can sometimes yield quicker e.t.'s.... but, that's an iffy proposition.

I have a friend who races a '69 Camaro in NHRA's A/Stock automatic class that also runs 127 mph, BUT this car has a scienced-out chassis with 1.31 60-foot times, so his quarter-mile e.t.'s run consistently around 10.31. He has the same power-to-weight ratio as Ryan's car (obviously,) So if he can only go 127 (like Ryan,) I think it follows that when Ryan gets his launch on an equal basis to this Camaro, he will ALSO be running 1.31 60-footers and a quarter-mile e.t. of 10.31. Now, get a 904 in there, and if the car picks up .2 (which it surely could) you'll have a 10.11 car.... tantalizingly close to the nine second zone.

Any horsepower improvements in his turbo'd mill will result in a 9-second car, for sure!

I get excited, just thinking about it!!!:cheers:

-
Back