who here is from the detroit area??

-

71440scamp

Reaction score
like the title says just trying to see who all on here is from around the detroit area

Born in Detroit, grew up in Wyandotte, lived for 10 years in Ypsilanti, moved to Texas in 2002. I miss all the car shows and Mopar shows. I am lucky to see 2-3 Mopar shows here in DFW.

i live in saint clair with my 73 duster 360 8.75 rear end hooker headers and dual dynamax exhaust

yeah there are alot of shows up here, around roseville/warren area theres small shows just about everyother day of the week n summer at dif bars n bowling alleys.

gotdust57- i just moved out that way from eastpointe a couple of years ago, are there any good spots for local cruises or shows around? or any places they race at out there???

dilley340- I lived in Howell and went to high school there. We move in 89. I went to MSU and graduated and now live in Kalamazoo but my parent still live in Howell off Oak Grove Rd.

You ever go to Bakers in Milford on Sundays? They get a TON of cars on a nice evening. My buddy goes fairly often but I've not had a chance to get the Dart up there yet...

Hey Beatnik, I live within walking distance to Howell High School... North of M59 off of Byron Road.

I've never made it to Baker's. Always said I was going to, but just flat out run out of summer! Never made it to Dream Cruise either. :sad3: If you find yourself coming over to my neck of the woods, please look me up. My email is in my profile.

dilley- Nice to know. I know exactly where your talking about. Used to fly down Byron Rd and take the shortcut to Oak Grove Rd down the dirt road...

I'll get your address and give you a shout when I'm in the area visiting my folks!

By the way, I checked out your MSN site...nice car! I'd love to check out your 73 in person sometime.

Born and raised in Lincoln Park, moved to Kalamazoo in 94 and then on to Tennessee in 2002.

Not as many Mopars down here, but there are shows nearly every weekend April through October.

I do miss the cruises in LP though and the McDonald's on Telegraph in Dearborn. Some nice rides rolling through there.

Monroe Mi.

Lotta Mopars around here.

We get quite a few on our Tuesday night Cruise in the summer.
There are quite a few on Wed Night as well in Ida Mi as well.
Some pretty interesting stuff :)

68 Barracuda. :)

I'm in Macomb Mi... SE mi is a great area to be a mopar fanatic. car shows daily durring the summer.

Jim

Petersburg Mi... Work in Livonia... 1970 Duster 340 in progress. Newly rebuilt drive train, just hit the road yesterday. Some pics are in the resto page. Try the Kroger car show in lambertville, 3rd Thurday of the month. Very nice cruise in, run by Dale Hinkleman (his son won the pinks all out in Milan). Speaking of Milan the outlaw cruisers have a nice cruise in on every Thursday right in town. And there's the Roush museum and car cruise held a couple of times a year in Livonia. Jack's got a boat load of toy's...

Formerly from Howell, moved to Phoenix in June '07, left in Nov. (hated it!) and moved to Manistee, within walking distance to Lake Michigan. Unfortunately, my '69 Dart is still in Howell, but she'll be coming up this spring. btw, Dilley 340, I used to live right around the corner from you on Karen Dr, just off Oak Grove Rd.

I'm here in northern metro Detroit.

Bill.

IMG_0583.jpg

I'm in Macomb.
Every Thursday evening there is a gathering (No Name Car Club) at the McDonalds on Gratiot north of M59 (year-round).
Also, starting in May 2008, there will be a gathering at the Ram's Horn on 23 Mile Road and Card Road.
I'd love to see Mopars, especially a-bodies, at both locations.

-
Back