Who Makes The Most Quiet Muffler for 68 340 GTS

-

billkrz

Reaction score
I would like a stock sounding muffler(s) for my 68 340 GTS. I want it to be as quiet as it was back in the day. Currently, it has something called Turbo Sonic mufflers. WAY too loud. I read some threads which mentioned Accurate LTD. Are these the closest to stock that is currently available?
Thanks,
Bill

If you want quiet, just go to Midas or something like that. They'll be able to come up with something for you.

You may want to reconsider this. Quiet almost always means RESTRICTIVE, meaning LESS POWER. I put Walker Ultraflo race mufflers on my '69 383 formula S and never regretted it. It is loud but I have never been pulled over for it and it sounds GREAT and makes great power.

I have the dynomax super turbo's sounds quiet and very nice. Sounds pretty stock to me. Its the muffler TTI includes with their exhaust.

You may want to reconsider this. Quiet almost always means RESTRICTIVE, meaning LESS POWER. I put Walker Ultraflo race mufflers on my '69 383 formula S and never regretted it. It is loud but I have never been pulled over for it and it sounds GREAT and makes great power.

Thanks but I REALLY want 1968 box-stock quiet. I looked at Accurate's sound bite for their B body Hemi muffler and it sounds about right. Unfortunately, it's for a B body. Has anyone tried their A body mufffler?

not sure about that. my dynomax super turbos run the same as when my car is opened up at the track. car went 12.20's to 12'30's weather the car was going through the mufflers or open headders..

Whatever muffler you choose, adding a Dr. Gas X-pipe
will knock off a few more decibels by evening-out the exhaust pulses.

(Otherwise, each tailpipe is like a totally separate 4-cylinder motor.)

In a test of 5 brands of X-pipes, the Dr Gas unit was far & away #1.

HTH----------------------8)

PS---If you insist on an OEM-level muffler, at least
insist on the Walker brand. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks. I did try Walker but they no longer make a stock replacement. I went with Accurate LTD. I have not installed them, though.
Bill

-
Back