How many times can a flywheel be re surfaced?

-
So anybody know the minimum thickness of a slant six flywheel seeings that they don't have the step like V8's?

I've got a couple that I want to sell...but I want to make sure there is still life in them for service.

Since the pressure plate bolts are have a larger shank diameter than thread diameter to locate the pressure plate, it would be possible to bottom out the shank before the pressure plate bolt is tight against the pressure plate if the flywheel was cut too much. This could be corrected by putting a flat washer under the lock washer or drilling the shank part of the flywheel pressure plate hole deeper but if you run into this problem then you probably cut the flywheel one too many times.

I don't see how surfacing a standard flywheel changes the relationship between the pressure plate and flywheel to cause the situation you are describing. I could see this on a stepped flywheel where both surfaces were not ground properly. But on a standard flywheel, only the thickness of the clutch disc, or bent pp mounting ears, could cause that problem.

-
Back