Who understands USB audio files?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
In the car when I got it is an Alpine-- CDA105 -- tuner, with USB input, which I never tried until this morning.

Finally just tried it--copied some files to a USB stick, and................

Some files play, some don't. Now these are a mis--mash

Some are files converted to audio MP-3 with software---OK

Some are downloaded MP-3---MP-4 VIDEOS from Youtube

Some of these play fine, some don't. One, example, that works fine, is some Pink Floyd I downloaded in MP-4 but I have others that the thing does not recognize, so things seem to be pretty "hit and miss." These files are all in the root of the USB stick, no folders, so access should be "equal."

Thoughts, suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is that when you transferred files, if you drag and dropped rather than cut and pasted, you'll pull the permissions with the file, which could prevent the Alpine from accessing the file. I'm actually suprised it'll play the mp4 vid files...

Thanks ram, something to check. I'll look into something to convert them to mp3 audio

I understand them perfectly when they're recorded well. I'm kinda hard of hearin.

you can download a free mp3 convertor from a google search just unclick all the unnecassary offers and toolbars they try to bundle in your download........unless your into that sort of thing :geek:

I understand them perfectly when they're recorded well. I'm kinda hard of hearin.

You must work for Microsoft. Although your answer was technically correct, it wasn't really very helpful

So thanks guys. Found "Soundconverter" (for Linux) and it really works. Converting a few for test now. Looks like this will be great.

-
Back