Wich one of these two?

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Hi,

another header question... What would you take between a set of used Hooker header (1 season) and a set of "never used" Blackjack (Dynomax) header?
Both small tube 1.625"...
Hooker 140$, Blackjack 60$...In fact the big question is, is Hooker headers worth the higher price?

Thanks again

well I have used both on different cars and to be honest the blackjacks lasted as long as the hookers and went in easier. the easier couldhave just been that the hookers were on a hemi roadrunner and the blackjacks were on a 360 -68 cuda. Both ended up rusting thru in about the same amount of time

One thing I forgot to mention is that the car is equiped with power brake and power steering.

So if both headers are same "quality" the cheaper the better...

Also what about the mini starter , often read that and never really know what it was. As I understand it, they can be removed with the headers in place? Do they cost much more then the regular one?

Thanks again

The mini starter is a dakota starter for a V6/V8 and can be used on all mopars.I have one on each of my cars and a few spares to be sure.Its a nippendenso starter,gear reduction type,half the size ,half the weight.You can pick them up at the rebuilders for about 125-150can.Mrmopartech in st.Lazare 450 424 0445

@GoDart: Yep they are for a Dart 72.

@MrMoparTech: thanks for the infos on the mini starter, will look at that before installing the headers.

-
Back