Wife's Grandpa's Van added to collection....

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife's Grandpa (passed a few years ago) occasionally put together a model back in his time. He put this old van kit from the early 70's together to look like the Van he bought new in the early 70's. It was sitting on a top shelf in the garage covered with Dust. I cleaned it, and re-glued a couple pieces (shaved the paint where I glued so it would stick), and now it will be pulling a drag car in my case. I will leave his paint and assembly, and will be a sentimental piece in my collection.

DSCN2658.JPG

DSCN2659.JPG

DSCN2660.JPG

Very nice. Things with actual sentimental /family history are among the most valuable things a man can own IMHO, and hopefully pass to the next generation.

Great piece with a great story. Someone once told me that when you get old, the only thing you have is memories. Not so sure I agree, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything, and you made a good choice. That van will be a constant reminder, a memorial of sorts.

My wife's Grandpa (passed a few years ago) occasionally put together a model back in his time. He put this old van kit from the early 70's together to look like the Van he bought new in the early 70's. It was sitting on a top shelf in the garage covered with Dust. I cleaned it, and re-glued a couple pieces (shaved the paint where I glued so it would stick), and now it will be pulling a drag car in my case. I will leave his paint and assembly, and will be a sentimental piece in my collection.

View attachment 1715448673

View attachment 1715448674

View attachment 1715448675
Awesome.

Very cool! Would be neat to create a life size one!
Wish I had the one he bought new around '72 or '73..... 360 4bbl is how he had it set up at the plant. But, I have the 1:25 scale model, which will forever be in my case :)

-
Back