Will a 1" spacer affect performance ?

-

'70_Duster_340

Reaction score
The Holley Street Avenger 670 needs just about a full inch for the linkage to work on the stock iron mainfold... Will this help or hurt performance ??

Thanks

It is difficult to know for sure until you try but usually spacers help with power. One thing is for sure since the carb won't fit without the spacer it is 100% gain in power over not running at all.

Chuck

add a 1/2" 4 hole aluminum spacer and 2 - .188 Aramid Fiber gaskets. you can get them from www.4secondsflat.com. setup will increase low end power and allow the carb to stay cooler.

It is difficult to know for sure until you try but usually spacers help with power. One thing is for sure since the carb won't fit without the spacer it is 100% gain in power over not running at all.

Chuck

That made me laugh. So true!

Thanks Guys .. I already went out and got a 1" aluminum spacer .. going to install it tomorrow if I get time... You're right Chuck, not much of a choice here unless I just wanna run the car at idle !! Ticked me off, everything bolted on so nice until I tried to move the throttle arm and it wouldn't budge..

Kenny

.. by the way, while were on the subject, would you guys do anything to cover the hole where the original choke spring sat in ?? Seems like it's just gonna be a crap collector

-
Back