Will Ebody sport mirror convert to Abody?

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so awhile back we were able to pick up an extremely nice remote driver side mirror that I believe came off of an E-body of some type possibly a Challenger. the base of this mirror is at an angle so of course it wont fit on a Duster, but is there anyway to interchange the base of this to allow for fit on a Duster ? Thanks !

Aaron,

here is a picture of it.
14xe5qu.jpg

ive tried playing with mirrors but your just better of buying a set of sport ralley mirros for an abody since they are being repoped

so.. what your saying is that you haven't found a way to mount this type of mirror to an A-body base ? or if you have it's a ton of fabrication ?

If you decide not to use these mirrors I may be interested in them for a challenger I am working on

i had a sport mirror from a chevelle/monte that looks identical to that one and through lots of thought and holding it up to the car theres just no clean look without chopping and fabricating check out A B & E's website

IIRC, the cable attachment inside the mirror is into pot metal, and I seem to remember thinking it would be hard to remove them to get the base off without destroying the attachment points. Of course this memory is from way too long ago to be sure :)

Grant

-
Back