Will this carb work with a slant six?

-

eman

Reaction score
Will this 2 barrel carburetor fit and work well with a stock (for now) 225 slant six?
On this cast iron intake manifold
Will I need an adapter?
I bought a Holley 2300 and an mr gasket co #1937 adapter but it didn't fit...so I sold it. Is this manifold only good for carter 2bbl carbs

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161479205513?nav=SEARCH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,045
That is either one of the old Mopar Performance intakes, or it has been modified from an original one barrel. The Super Six two barrel intake manifolds had the carburetor mounting pad 90* from that one. It mounted the carburetor sideways from what that one would. Probably why your adapter would not fit.

Also, regarding that carburetor you linked to, they are good for a doorstop. They were crap even when new. Avoid it like the plague.

Thank you. I hope it's not a modified 1 bbl manifold! You think I'd be able to fit another 2 bbl carter carb on there, or I'll be better off getting a new manifold/carb?

I don't know. It depends on what bolt pattern that is. Measure the bolt center to center pattern and see what you come up with.

I have an adapter on my supersix manifold and mounted a Holley 2300 on it just fine. It's a Mr. Gasket adapter plate, but I don't remember which number.

But like mentioned above, it is 90 degrees from the manifold you show.

Okay, thanks man!

You're certainly welcome. I am pretty sure I HAVE an adapter that WILL bolt a Holley 2300 on that. It is a Trans Dapt piece. You are welcome to it for shipping if I can put my hands on it and we figure out that it will work for you.

You said the adapter didn't work. Was it the carb or manifold that wouldn't fit? I'm guessing the carb. That carb is not a Holley 2300. Here are pis of a 2300
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/holley-2bbl
The manifold looks like a "Homemade" intake. There is really nothing wrong with doing that. I run a manifold similar to that on my racecar, with a 500 Holley 2300, and it works as good as an Offie, with a 390 4bbl.
Chrysler used two different carb bolt patterns, one is smaller then the other. The carb for the slant six, and 318, had a smaller bolt pattern, then the big block, and 360 carb, if I'm not mistaken. You will need the small bolt pattern carb, for that manifold.

I have a slant with a holley 2300 in it and it's fine. I think that there is a base plate to mount the carb on the manifold...

Charrlie, it was the carb that didn't fit on the adapter. I kno the carb I put the link to isn't a 2300. I was just wondering if that carb would fit, cuz I already sold my 2300. So a 318 carb should fit on a slant, thank you!

It must be the base plate. If I decide to get another 2300 I'll keep that in mind. Thanks krazykuda

eman, were you able to get the carb mounting figured out, or did you go with something different?

Thanks,

I just got my 1 bbl rebuilt. I'll probably just run wit that till I find a 2bbl carb mounted to a 2bbl manifold for sale. I'm no longer planning on using this manifold because I'd like to use a factory or factory style one. Maybe I'll get a low cfm 4bbl carb/mani instead.

You can find aluminum 2bbl intakes on Ram trucks and vans. It's the same thing as a Super six without paying the inflated asking prices from a seller.

The BBD that goes on it is generally fine. You can use a regular 318 BBD and jet it appropriately. You can use a 318 air cleaner as well and simply add your own "Super Six" decal.

You ought to be able to leave the junkyard with everything for well under $100.

If you're hunting through the junkyard in California, don't expect to find a 2bbl manifold. I don't know about ones that came on trucks and such, but the "supersix" one was (to my knowledge) not sold in California on Volares.

Oh alright, guess I'll be huntin CL and fabo. Thanks serj22

If you're hunting through the junkyard in California, don't expect to find a 2bbl manifold. I don't know about ones that came on trucks and such, but the "supersix" one was (to my knowledge) not sold in California on Volares.

Yep. Haven't seen one in a yard in over a decade.

Just at a glance that looks like the bigger pattern. The two barrels for the 360 and 383 were a larger pattern than the little small block two barrels. The bigger pattern is also the same as the Rochester 2GC found on GM stuff for eons.

-
Back