will this sending unit work ?

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
i have a 73 scamp, and while i had the gas tank out i decided to replace the sending unit.
i ordered one from Right Stuff Detailing. however it looks shorter then the one i took out of my tank. suggestions ?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 159
Hard to tell. It looks just like the one I used in my 74.

Most of these aftermarket senders do not read accurately for some reason, FYI.

Also, use the original lock ring, the new ones tend to leak!

If your original one work good re install it, its right these repop gauge are not accurate

I have yet to see a reproduction of the earlier sender design. The design you received would be the same no matter who you purchased from. The early design is less rigid and would bounce on the bottom of the tank. Is this why it was redesigned ?

If your original one work good re install it, its right these repop gauge are not accurate

I dunno...the PO of my Dart replaced the sender and it seems to be quite accurate (and linear, unlike the factory one in the Duster I had back in the day that took forever to go from full to 3/4, but not very long to go the rest of the way). I don't know where he got it.

New one looks the same as the one I got for my 73 Dart, and the old one like the one that came out.

I'd say your good.

the one on the left is the same one that i have in a 73.if you dont want it ill make it work,if you dont want it

right stuff will take that one back, they dont have an original replacement
so now i have the task of finding somebody that does.

-
Back